You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i have an order number but no product key ???

Which Affinity application (Designer, Photo)?

Which store did you purchase from (Affinity Store, Mac App Store (MAS), Windows Store)?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 minutes ago, griffotos said:

Affinity 

Is that Affinity Photo from the Affinity Store? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I have a similar problem.  Since I have also bought photo for iPad as well as designer for iPad, I just can't recall where I originally bought osx photo.  Having said that, Mac software update (MAS) tells me there is an update for photo (ver 1.7) waiting to install, but it throws the following error; Update Unavailable with This Apple ID...  So, I thought maybe this meant that the original purchase instead was directly through affinity.  But logging in to my Affinity account reveals only a version 1.7 free trial available to me, a Photos Order Number (from June 2018), but no associated product key file.  Also, note that until now, my Mac Photo app has successfully been updated before (I believe via MAS software update).  And to confuse things more, MAS shows the 1.7 update is ready to install (as I mentioned above), but Photo is not listed among my 'purchased' apps???   Please advise

49 minutes ago, griffotos said:

I have exactly same problem

If you mean that you have exactly the same problem as @wooly_bugger that would seem to indicate that you're a MAC user, and that you possibly purchased from the Mac App Store (MAS) not from the Affinity Store.

If that's the case you need to update via the MAS. The Serif team really can't provide help, as Serif knows nothing about purchases made at other stores from other vendors (Apple, Microsoft).

Any help you get here would be guesses from other Mac users (including those on the Serif staff), but your best bet for support with resolving the MAS issue might be to contact Apple.

However, if you did purchase from Serif's Affinity Store, then it should show up when you login to the Affinity Store and look in the Downloads and Product Keys section. If you don't see your product listed there then I know of only two possibilities:

1. You did not buy it from the Affinity Store.
  2. You bought it from the Affinity Store but using a different email address. Note that the email address you use in these forums and the email address for the Affinity Store are not tied together, and may be different. So if there's a possibility that you might have used a different email address, try logging in with that one, instead.

If this doesn't help, someone from Serif should be along sometime soon, but possibly not until business hours tomorrow morning UK time. It's past normal business hours. Or you could email affinityorders@serif.com (but again I wouldn't count on a response until business hours tomorrow).

I  hope you get your problem solved soon.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

3 hours ago, wooly_bugger said:

Having said that, Mac software update (MAS) tells me there is an update for photo (ver 1.7) waiting to install, but it throws the following error; Update Unavailable with This Apple ID...

If it says the update is waiting to install, it seems odd that it won't let you install it.

Do you have multiple Apple IDs? If so, perhaps you need to try another one. Or, perhaps you should try logging out from the App Store and logging in again. I've seen that suggested as the solution for some MAS issues. (I'm not a Mac user, so I have no direct experience.)

-- Walt
PC:

Thanks for chipping in Walt.  In my case, I only have the one appleID; I have already tried logging in and logging out of the MAS as well as re-booting etc etc to no avail.  I suspect that I originally purchased Photo via the MAS as this would explain why the update is showing up there (under my appleID ;)).  My Affinity account shows the freebies that I downloaded afterwards.  I will fire an email to apple support and see if they can explain the error message.  By the way, my iOS Photo and Designer updated to 1.7 without any intervention.