You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I read the following topic.

I use the Mac version, but Affinity Photo uses the lens profile included with macOS. I'm using Panasonic DMC-GX7 and included in the lens profile list.

When I look at the lens tab in Photo (RAW), it is displayed as a non-compatible lens. The same is true when I open a file taken with a Sony camera or Tamron lens. I think that the profile is applied but I am worried because I think distortion etc. are corrected when I look at the image.

Is this normal behavior? Is it an error?

---

Affinity Photo 1.7(stable), macOS 10.14.5

If you use the Menu View > Assistant Manager and then click on the Develop Assistant... button, which Raw Engine are you using?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Do you mean with grayed out that this checkbox option is unchecked (but checkable/switchable), or do you mean it's disabled at all and thus not usable?

According to the above referenced list the SerifLabs RAW engine supports the GX7, though in your case it might be lense dependent, so to say if the specific lens combo you use are also part of the lensfun database or not. - When using instead the Apple RAW engine that performs lens corrections on it's own (AFAIK doesn't use the lensfun db inside APh or the like) and thus that checkbox option seems then to be obsolete.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

If you use the Menu View > Assistant Manager and then click on the Develop Assistant... button, which Raw Engine are you using?

I don't have my main Mac(Mac Pro 2010) now, but I checked the RAW files taken with the same camera on another Mac(MBP 2012).  At this time, when the RAW engine is Serif Labs, the lens profile name is displayed and I can select enable/disable. However, when the RAW engine is Apple, the lens is grayed out in the "Not supported" display. I didn't check the RAW engine on the main Mac. It may be the same as this.

58 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Do you mean with grayed out that this checkbox option is unchecked (but checkable/switchable), or do you mean it's disabled at all and thus not usable?

It is not confirmation on main Mac, but has been checked and grayed out on another Mac.

Then the other one (Mac) possibly is setup to use the Apple RAW engine, in which case the disabled/unavailable checkbox option makes sense. - However you can often also visually urge from a loaded image if a lens correction has been applied to that or not.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hi, I have similar problem, 1.7 .380. windows 10.

Exif data shows the correct lens but lens profile not loaded, I have lens profile(fresh this week) in the folder and Serif engine but for some reason it will not load/look at the lens profile folder? Library is set view Exif , can see anything else wrong, bit of a loss of what to look for next, any help appreciated 

I am wondering if to remove 1.6 now- have not used it ever since first 1.7 came out.