You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

5 hours ago, Leigh said:

Thanks for letting us know. We'll see if we can figure out why you had to reset the app.

I had the same problem after the update, I didn't have to reset the app, just the toolbar icon set, I dragged the default set in for a replacement. There were two of the Snap Magnets on my tool bar and only the one on the far right did anything. I should have taken a picture before reseting. The tool bar was almost empty.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
22 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I had the same problem after the update, I didn't have to reset the app, just the toolbar icon set, I dragged the default set in for a replacement. There were two of the Snap Magnets on my tool bar and only the one on the far right did anything. I should have taken a picture before reseting. The tool bar was almost empty.

Thanks for letting us know :)

Same here on El Capitan with Aph 1.7.

aph_top_bar.thumb.jpg.80e363339e42c2fdd8c16b95e7665538.jpg

So both Photo & Designer suffered from the same problem after their MAS release updates to v.1.7. Also didn't had any beta versions of those installed just their previous MAS releases.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 6/6/2019 at 8:39 AM, Old Bruce said:

I didn't have to reset the app, just the toolbar icon set...

In both Designer & Photo, updating to 1.7 messed up a lot of my fairly extensive customization of their toolbars. Not only did I get the weird single button Snap Magnet in two places, one of which replaced the multi-button one I had dragged to the non-default position where I wanted it, various other items were either removed or replaced with something else, or their position on the toolbar was changed.

I remember something like this happening before on some update but not the details, other than on that occasion some of my fixed width spaces were replaced with flexible spaces, which I don't want because it means toolbar icons change positions relative to the width of the workspace window.

At least that did not happen this time.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

40 minutes ago, Leigh said:

@v_kyr & @R C-R You may have already seen this thread but I wanted to make sure you were both aware that this has been reproduced by the QA team and it's been logged with the Devs to be fixed. We're sorry that this update has lost your Custom toolbars and shortcuts.

Thanks! I had not seen that particular thread but I have been following others related to the issue.

FWIW I did not lose more than a few of my keyboard shortcuts so for me the only significant inconvenience was rebuilding the toolbar. I did that by dragging & dropping without beginning by restoring the defaults because enough of my custom layout remained that it was easier than starting over from the default.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I did it the other way around, with (re)customizing fresh new settings, in order to not have further mismatch with other settings and the like from the previous releases.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2