You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

cannot get the up dates on my mac

I cannot find where to download the update.I just hope you have not forgotten to allow older OSX to be able to use the updated version.

I just bought another mac as by 15 inch gave up 2011   Imstill using high sierra, My mac will not take any later version. I cannot afford another as I laded up broke from spending out on updates and repairing the old mac. 

I have logged in and the box for updates is greyed out.  So why can I not get the update? ? 

Where's the problem?

High Sierra is a modern one and should have no problem, I still use El Capitan and updates run Ok there (so far until now).

The MAS (Mac App Store) version updates are usually indicated automatically by the Mac system and also by the App Store app, in my case here OSX showed today in a floating window that updates are available and asked if I want to install these. It also showed the common red 2 updates are available on the App Store app dock icon. When I opened the App Store app and switched it's view over to the update section view, it showed that these updates are APh 1.7 and AD 1.7 updates and offered to install them also from there. - So all the common way the system informs you when those are available for you.

It may take a little time until all appropriate Macs get the MAS informations, I believe it works in chunks, since otherwise the Apple server system would be overloaded if all update suitable computers would update the software at the same time.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2