You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Toolbar issues

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but...  Two toolbar issues.

Kind of surprising that the default toolbar for AD 1.7 doesn't have the Snap set of icons.  I would think this was one of the most frequently used icons.

There is an icon "Show Baseline Grid Manager" that is not in the offings to be added to the toolbar.  If I delete it I would guess I could never get it back.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

1 hour ago, Gear maker said:

There is an icon "Show Baseline Grid Manager" that is not in the offings to be added to the toolbar.  If I delete it I would guess I could never get it back.

I think that the Baseline Grid and the Baseline Grid Manager are Publisher functions, not Designer functions. Perhaps they appeared by mistake in a Designer Beta but were removed?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The Snap icons are a part of the default toolbar, so seems like something went wrong with your installation.

As you say, Baseline Grid (a feature of Publisher) shouldn't be there!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff
11 hours ago, Gear maker said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but...  Two toolbar issues.

Kind of surprising that the default toolbar for AD 1.7 doesn't have the Snap set of icons.  I would think this was one of the most frequently used icons.

Are you saying your newly installed 1.7 Mac App Store version has a 'Show Baseline Grid Manager' button, or are you referring to the beta? Also as mentioned the snapping set of buttons is available by default and was there for me.

If the toolbar had been customized on a prior version it is possible that the settings did not fully update with the new version - I had to reset some of my keyboard shortcuts for example, and I think my toolbar did revert in both Photo and Designer and I had to go in and re-adjust them.

• Staff

It does seem that edited toolbars is causing this - I've reproduced the problem and will get it logged with development.

Thanks for letting us know. In the meantime you can Customise the toolbar and drag the default set into the toolbar to correct it.

I just reset the tool bar to the default set and all seems to work well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, retrograde said:

I have the baseline grid button as well. It doesn't seem to do anything though...

My Baseline Grid does work.  I also notice that the Snapping Manager has an entry to enable snapping to the Baseline Grid.  It can be used as a second grid, which could maybe be handy sometimes, horizontal only.  

1344830331_ScreenShot2019-06-06at10_17_37AM.png.71b6f541b12d30978a4959fc1c423f09.png

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

That's very strange - did you copy over any of your settings from the Beta build at all? You're also missing a few other buttons from that list namely the View Mode buttons and the Defaults buttons.

I didn't do anything unusual in the load, yes the new load copied over some settings but most didn't seem to.  In the customize toolbar panel the default toolbar is missing the snap entry and a few others that used to be in it.  Yes I had modified that toolbar in the 1.6 release a bit (and the 1.7 beta but I thought the released version ignored any changes in the beta).

1088986829_ScreenShot2019-06-06at10_21_34AM.png.110f6f890284745d9f7bda8ef63aeefb.png

• Staff
16 hours ago, Gear maker said:

I didn't do anything unusual in the load, yes the new load copied over some settings but most didn't seem to.  In the customize toolbar panel the default toolbar is missing the snap entry and a few others that used to be in it.  Yes I had modified that toolbar in the 1.6 release a bit (and the 1.7 beta but I thought the released version ignored any changes in the beta).

1088986829_ScreenShot2019-06-06at10_21_34AM.png.110f6f890284745d9f7bda8ef63aeefb.png

Thanks! As mentioned we've reproduced this and passed it on. If you drag that 'default set' shown in the screenshot onto your current toolbar it should reset all the tools and give you back the Snap, View Modes and Defaults options.

Sean, FYI I have found that many of the keyboard shortcuts were missing from 1.7.  Most noticeable were many tools like "I" for the color picker was missing.  I did a reset of the shortcuts and they look to be compete now.