You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What bothers me is that I can't see all open documents next to each other. It would be cool if all documents could be displayed on a kind of lightbox and you could arrange them.

I like to make my current document on the screen much smaller until it's like a thumbnail. Then I would be able to move all the other open documents next to it, freely positionable, like on a light table with my slides.

That would be cool!

Thilo

affi.png

Okay, then you get several seperate windows. What I mean is all documents in ONE window scalable und moveable onto the (gray) workspace... like on a real light table!

With several windows, you have a lot to click, resizing and moving the window the way  the view you want, and besides that  you will see the disturbing desktop behind ;-)

Edited by Tomnab

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

Hi @HpR, @jknights,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Affinity Photo is similar to Photoshop where you typically work with one photo at a time rather than Lightroom, On1 Photo RAW etc which are geared towards photographer's workflows/needs. There's no library/cataloging or browser views/management, or ways to apply the same settings to several photos from a photoshoot and similar functionality. So you either have to use it in conjunction with a third party photo management/cataloging app or consider another app entirely according to your needs.
It's possible we may provide a DAM at a later date but for now there's no such funcionality available.

Hi,

I understand. However, the standard workflow for every photographer is 1) to transfer the photos from the camera, 2) to select which photos to use (or not), and then 3) to edit them. Since Aperture and Lightroom were abandoned, the is no good app for step 2) any more. As far as I can see it would really be a niche for Affinity, and in fact just an extension for Photo: All we’d need is viewing, comparing, starring, filtering out ***** photos and passing them on to Photo editing.

Cheers

Hp

6 hours ago, HpR said:

All we’d need is.....

What you list can be achieved with just the OS. At least here on Mac those all can be done, not sure about Windows.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

32 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

What you list can be achieved with just the OS. At least here on Mac those all can be done, not sure about Windows.

Really? I’ve worked on Macs for 30 years now but I haven’t discovered a way to see / compare / star several photos at once, one beside the other yet. Please let me know if I have missed something. 😊

24 minutes ago, HpR said:

at once, one beside the other

I'll ignore that you've added criteria...

Use the finder to select the files. Use the Command + Shift key to select non-contiguous files and then hit the spacebar to use Quicklook, part of the Mac OS. I have the Tag icon in the finder toolbar.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.