You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] screen going to 50% transparent

In AD 1.7 Separate Mode I had 3 documents grouped in the tab across the top, I grabbed the third one and drug it down to separate it from the others.

This resulted in my screen turning permanently about 50% transparent.  Like this:

610813714_ScreenShot2019-06-05at2_48_52PM.thumb.png.9039a2466df551ca82cb2e65b4a205dd.png

The blue square showing is actually on top everything else on my screen.  When writing this issue in the forum, this is what I am seeing.

1547404315_ScreenShot2019-06-05at2_53_50PM.png.5871e4a5fbad6033ced519b8675d5837.png

It's repeatable and it also happens when I drag out the second tab.

Sometimes it will pop back to the normal 100% visible.  This time it's not.  I had to exit AD to get my screen back again.

I have now been able to get this to happen with only 2 documents open and dragging one out of the tab row.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• Staff

I still cannot reproduce this. 

Try this please: Close Designer . Open Finder. Go > Go to Folder >  ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/ and rename user to user.backup. Reopen Designer.

Gabriel, no luck.  After renaming the user to user.backup I did the following tests.  Out of about 12 tests, 4 worked fine.  8 gave me the same semi transparent results.  I used a different assortment of files to make sure it wasn't associated with a particular file.  3 files open each test and set into tabs.  I usually grabbed the center tab to drag out, but did try the first and last with the same results.

Gabriel, no 1.6 never had this.  Even when working on the same files as I first saw it on.  I didn't use the beta 1.7 versions very much, so I don't know which version it first showed up on.