You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with Nix Collection 2 (updating fonts)

• Staff
13 hours ago, Mario P said:

Nix Collection module load, photo load then the message Updating fonts pop and run forever. I must use force to quit to close Affinity photo.

It looks like quite a few users are experiencing an issue with plugins that would load in 1.6 but are failing in 1.7. Please see this reply from Mark who has stated that we will attempt to reach out to the plugin developers to see if we can reach a solution.

6 hours ago, fde101 said:

@Mario P and @Kenny C, make sure you have updated to the latest version of the plugins from DxO as they have put out an update to make most if not all of the plugins compatible with the 1.7 updates.

I updated to the new version, but same problem. Very annoying.

Yep - updating fonts renders the Nik Collection unusable as doing so instantly hangs Affinity - and the updating fonts stays to the front of the screen for all computing activity wether related to Affinity or not.

I've attached a screen-shot illustrating the issue perfectly.

AF

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 23.13.02.png

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Mario,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
What macOS version are you running and from where did you bought Affinity Photo (Affinity Store or Mac App Store)?

macOS Mojave. I was using Affinity 1.67 and Affinity 1.7 beta. My version 1.67 seems to have been updated to 1.7 automatically and I deinstalled the Beta version. Same with Nik collection, I uninstalled the older version and reinstalled the new version

• Staff

Hi Mario P, Sideslope,
Do you mind checking something for me please? Go to the Filters menu and apply/run Viveza 2 (this one should load correctly without the font loading issue), then in the plugin window click the yellow Nik Collection logo on the top right of the interface and tell me the version number - both the plugin itself and the suite (the one between parenthesis immediately after). Thanks.

Hi MEB,

Version number is: 5.0.1.61 X 64 (V2.04).

Viveza 2, Dfine 2, Sharpener Pro 2 and Sharpener Pro 3 are working OK.  Problem occurs with Analog Efex Pro 2, Color Efex Pro 4, HDR Efex Pro 2 and Silver Efex Pro 2.

• Staff

Hi Mario P,
I believe the problems you are having are due to a faulty Nik Collection upgrade/installation. You have installed the latest standalone app versions, but the plugin files from the previous Nik version remain installed and that's those that are being called by Affinity Photo 1.7. To confirm this, go to the Nik Collection folder inside the Applications folder and double-click the Viveza 2.app file to launch the standalone version. Then click the yellow Nik Collection logo on the top right of the standalone plugin interface - it should say version: 5.0.2.137 x64 (v2.0.4) - which differs from the plugin version you reported. If that's the case do the following:

- download the latest Nik Collection installer from the DxO homepage, in case you have trashed it
- run the Uninstaller app to clean app the current/previous installation
- follow the instructions on this video. Pay attention to the section that starts at 0:40s where James click the "+" button to add a custom folder to where install the plugin files. This folder must be created manually by you. James has created it on his desktop and called it Plugins but I advise you to create the folder inside the Applications folder on your Mac and call it Photoshop Plugins (or whatever you see fit). Then, when you click the "+" button (as in the 0:40s in the video) point it to that folder you just created and continue following the rest of the instructions in the video. The Nik installer will create a new folder named/labelled DxO inside the folder you created - this is where are located the plugin files - and its the folder you have to browse to/add to the Plugin Search Folder section in Affinity Photo Photoshop Plugins Preferences.

Let me know if you still have issues after following those steps.

Hello MEB,

Thank you for coming back to me, Nik plugins are working fine at the exception of HDR Efix pro 2. HDR Efix plugin is loading, but not the image neither the templates and it crashed AF on exit (any clue). Still I am happy to be able to use the other plugins.

Thanks again for your excellent customer services.

• 1 month later...