You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Baseline Grid issue - 1.7.0.376

Hi there,

Latest version introduces a baseline grid issue when combined with Justify Vertically. I have a two column text frame that has text which is not supposed to align to baseline grid, but when I do justify vertically the first line tries to align to baseline grid (even though it's not supposed to) and ends up with a strange overlap.

Here's a screenshot...2054420807_ScreenShot2019-06-05at1_31_31PM.thumb.png.877f42d198d5875fcbf12441daafbaaf.png

45 minutes ago, DesignStationYT said:

Latest version introduces a baseline grid issue when combined with Justify Vertically. I have a two column text frame that has text which is not supposed to align to baseline grid, but when I do justify vertically the first line tries to align to baseline grid (even though it's not supposed to) and ends up with a strange overlap.

I find this behaviour if my text is Based on some style which has Align to baseline on. I turn off the Align to Baseline Grid in that Paragraph style and it will try to align. Height of the text frame matters as does choosing any Vertical Alignment other than Align to top.

Try it with No Style or a based on No Style paragraph style.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

19 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I find this behaviour if my text is Based on some style which has Align to baseline on. I turn off the Align to Baseline Grid in that Paragraph style and it will try to align. Height of the text frame matters as does choosing any Vertical Alignment other than Align to top.

Try it with No Style or a based on No Style paragraph style.

While a lot of the text in this report is using the baseline, that text has a style applied with Align to Baseline Grid turned off. I confirmed this both in the style itself and in the Paragraph Studio Palette. That's why it's particularly strange that if you do justify vertically the first line jumps to the baseline grid.

I should add that this behaviour only just cropped up—it wasn't present before I downloaded the latest Publisher beta.

30 minutes ago, AdamW said:

We have a candidate fix :) 

Like in John Frankenheimer's "The Manchurian Candidate"? Let us hope not.

Great movie all the same.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.