You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0 Not recognizing newly installed fonts

Update: I trimmed my system fonts down to around 2,400 (not done yet,) and voila, everything is showing in Publisher Beta 1.7 (which had the same symptoms as Designer and Photo 1.7). Adding fonts using FontBase manager and so far so good.

The take away from all this is: there is a bug where Affinity 1.7 apps can only see so many fonts.

3 hours ago, BlendBloke said:

So You guys having the same issue I get. After update to 1.7 many of my fonts are invisible in Designer (I'm using FontExpert and it was fine before). I hope devs would fix this soon. I assume AD is limiting font amount somehow. 

No, we're not intentionally limiting the number of fonts. We're investigating the issue now to see what's happening. Though I do recommend only having a small number of fonts installed at once, as we load fonts at startup, which can slow down the launch of the application if you have many thousands installed.

29 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

No, we're not intentionally limiting the number of fonts. We're investigating the issue now to see what's happening. Though I do recommend only having a small number of fonts installed at once, as we load fonts at startup, which can slow down the launch of the application if you have many thousands installed.

Yeah I'm sure You didn't do this on puropse. I just wanted to confirm that previus version accepted all my fonts installed. I just don't know how many fontfaces suppors new version 1.7. I'm gonna wait for new updates, maybe it can be fixed. Till than thanks for some great new stuff (like isometric grid). Loooove it :)  

Edited by BlendBloke

• 1 year later...