You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Links in Index entries not working after export

Affinity Serif 1.7.0.337

Mac OS Mojave v. 10.14.4 (18E226)

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

View > Studio > Index

Create index entries (Style Override set as body text or book title)

Export to PDF -

Expected behavior: all index page numbers link to anchors

Current behavior: some index page numbers are hyperlinked, others not

Update - discovered that by removing all unlinked items and using "find topic" then relinking, all hyperlinks show as expected (but this is very very tedious :p )

• Staff

Glad that you got them re-linked and exported.

Worth noting that you are on an old beta build and should probably upgrade if you get a chance.

If you find the index isn't exporting correctly again let us know and attach the file, we'll take a look

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

On 6/6/2019 at 9:18 AM, Jon P said:

Glad that you got them re-linked and exported.

Worth noting that you are on an old beta build and should probably upgrade if you get a chance.

If you find the index isn't exporting correctly again let us know and attach the file, we'll take a look

Thanks for the reply! I updated the build and still had some issues. Looks like it's related to the styling... if you change the styling of the numbers, you lose the hyperlink (at least that's what I saw). I'm trying to solve another issue (crashing :p) but happy to send you the file to have a gander! Or, once you guys get past the release... it's not as critical as the other issue I ran into :). (I run a dev team so I have a sense of what your schedule looks like right now!)

PS just in case you don't hear it enough - you guys are the bomb... :) A really fantastic team :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.