You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anthropics Plugins Broken in 1.7.0

Portrait Pro 18 & Landscape Pro 3 no longer work as plugins from Affinity Photo which used to work in 1.6.5. When either are used Affinity locks-up where it needs to be killed in Task manager. I know they are not supported plugins but as they are fairly popular I hope they are included as a supported plugins in the near future.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

1 hour ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

Portrait Pro 18 & Landscape Pro 3 no longer work as plugins from Affinity Photo which used to work in 1.6.5. When either are used Affinity locks-up where it needs to be killed in Task manager. I know they are not supported plugins but as they are fairly popular I hope they are included as a supported plugins in the near future.

You can add Smart Photo Editor (by Anthropics to the list).

The Skylum plugins (Aurora and Photolemur) are also now inoperable.

Topaz Labs Studio seems to have some glitches now as well.  Only started the testing as 1.7 offiical release came out today.  

Really looking forward to the new release other than the new lack of compatilbity with these plugins.  

In the meantime, it would be nice if both version could co-exist on a machine like we had when it was in production and beta.  

The only thing that has changed is that we now provide an ICC profile to the plugins, in order to ensure that images are correctly colour converted. None of the plugins mentioned are officially supported, so we'll have to speak to their developers to find out how they handle the ICC profile that we deliver, and see if we can reach a solution.

I can confirm that Anthropics Software "Smart Photoeditor Studio" isn't working in AP 1.7 - no previous problems in 1.6 but now any attempt to use it as a plugin hangs AP, and I have to use task manager to exit.

All other plugins (Akvis Sketch, Akvis Natureart, Corel Particleshop, Topaz Labs, Nik Collection) are working as in v1.6

Thanks

and meanwhile Affinity Photo just keeps updating fonts and updating fonts ... big sigh!

Sorry, I just haven't bin this frustrated for long. DxO acquires NIK Collection and in the name of cash and profit screws long time users of the plug in. And then Affinity Photo updates from 1.6 to 1.7 over night with no possibility of rolling anything back (apparently) - and we are fucked (pardon my French).

At least I'm not having a customer yelling at me right this moment for not being able to deliver as promised - but come monday, I will have a problem. 

Screenshot 2019-06-07 21.42.19.png

On 6/5/2019 at 8:36 PM, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I've made a support account, and submitted a ticket (requesting to speak to their developers). I can't test the plugin directly, as their trial version doesn't contain the plugin...

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

I've made a support account, and submitted a ticket (requesting to speak to their developers). I can't test the plugin directly, as their trial version doesn't contain the plugin...

Would any kind of log file help? If so how and where do I find it?

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2