You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Product Code when buying 1,6 in Win-Store ?

Hello,

I use AP since 11 or 12/2018 and are more than satisfied with it. Have bought it without that code in win10-store.  The update now to version 1.7 asks me for a code - I thought it would recognize that I've bought 1.6 over microsoft ? 

Best Regards

P.Doepper

If you purchased 1.6 from the Windows Store then you need to get the update to 1.7 from the Windows Store, too. Purchases from the Windows store are tied to your Microsoft/Windows identity, and Serif has no information about your purchase.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I had a similar problem with Apple's App Store not enabling the update at the same time Serif notified me that AP had been upgraded. After a number of hours Apple finally made the upgrade available. It seems to me, a simple user, that Serif would want to know every legitimate user of their products. We should be able to register our products with Serif regardless of where they are purchased. For that matter, why wouldn't Serif want to know specifically who has legitimate copies of their products? I logged on to my account on the Serif site and sure enough there is no record that I had actually purchased AP back in 2017. Luckily, I kept my original receipt from Apple but my legitimate copy of AP is not registered with Serif. I think the only reason I even get update notices is because I purchased a copy of the AP book. Don't see why I should have to purchase another copy of the product directly from Serif to get my copy of AP registered.

It's not only this problem. Here I hope that the update is found in the win store in a few days.

But - I use AP nearly alway for focus stacking or merging, as it is called in the english version. Since a month or so not only macro-stacks, but micro-stacks too.  This example were 598 jpg's taken with an ocular-cam (made in china), but I had to do 24 part-stacks and then stacking them again for the result. The program did not crash before I did so, it did 3/4 from steering (hope it's the correct word), and then for about 4 hours nothing. 

When I do macro-stacks with my lumix fz1000 in raw, there could be a lot more of pics (over 900) and I never had a prob.

iI is a dried sheet of a multi-colored rose, the serie taken with an 21MP ocular-cam HY-1138 and a zeiss mikrotar-4,5/30 rms-lens on a lomo microscope.

Rosenblatt klein.jpg