You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hello Everyone,

I'm new in this forum and learning how AF works by using it, watching tutos and reading the workbook... Great app !

I am using AF as external device after developing within LR6. The external device file format is set to TIFF.

When i 'edit in Affinity' from LR and make some changes(layers, adj....) When i click on SAVE, it saves all the layers and the whole work in TIFF.

If SAVE AS, it saves as Affinityfile.

I have 2 questions : Why is, for the same project, the AF file smaller than the TIFF file ?

Is there a way just to make the changes to appear in Lightroom but NOT to save the project in TIFF or AfPhoto ?

Thanks....

• Staff

Hi Vladimir78 :)

20 hours ago, Vladimir78 said:

I have 2 questions : Why is, for the same project, the AF file smaller than the TIFF file

This is due to compression and optimisations within the .afphoto format.

20 hours ago, Vladimir78 said:

Is there a way just to make the changes to appear in Lightroom but NOT to save the project in TIFF or AfPhoto ?

You can send the file back to lightroom by following the below steps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!