You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.7.0 - Develop and Cancel buttons missing on the Develop persona context toolbar

After upgrading to Affinity 1.7, when I open a RAW file, I get into the Develop persona. However, the "Develop" and "Cancel" buttons are missing on the toolbar (there is no context toolbar actually).471521448_Annotation2019-06-05201925.thumb.jpg.c03461c46ffc6d9a60272a628f7251ec.jpg

I am able to leave the develop persona by switching to another persona (there is a prompt with OK or Cancel) - but the Help still references the usage of the Develop button on the context toolbar.

Is this intended (and the Help is wrong)?

Windows 10 Pro latest updates, Ryzen 5 1600, Radeon RX 570

Update - In fact, the Context toolbar is missing in all personas (Liquify etc.)

I can't agree with Context Toolbar being off by default in 1.7. In fact all my menus everything that was present in 1.6 were also present in 1.7.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Unless there is a keyboard shortcut which I have accidentally pressed just after the upgrade, I have no other explanation for the context toolbar missing. I have always seen the toolbar  in 1.6. I wasn't even aware how it was called or that it could be switched off.

Anyway, if this is not the default upgrade behavior, apparently something must have triggered it on my PC.

Something caused it. Since this release came as an update to the 1.6, I did not uninstall it. I did however uninstall the last Beta version 1.7. I let the update run then launched the program, and not only was the UI as it should be, all my plugins were still there and working, but my recently used files were still showing.

Did you uninstall 1.6 before running the 1.7 update? Did you have the Beta 1.7 installed and left it installed when running the update?

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

I did not have a beta, I just installed straight on top of 1.6 (the installation program recognized the previous install, showed an Upgrade button).

Now here comes a kicker - I realized that I do have Affinity on a notebook (I almost never use it there). Did the same upgrade on the notebook and the Context toolbar was present.

The notebook is Intel with integrated graphics, the desktop is AMD with an AMD discrete GPU. Both are Windows 10 with auto updates enabled, so should be on the latest level.

I am not sure what to think. I positively know I never willingly switched it off on my desktop. It also seems there is no keyboard shortcut for toggling it. 

Anyone else experienced this - please comment.