James Ritson

Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Tutorials

On 7/6/2019 at 7:02 AM, chevallm said:

But the new videos are NOT on YouTube as fas as I understand. So, how can they be downloaded? I repeat, not everyone can access reliable broadband, so it's much easier to have the videos on your system. Yiou're sure you can access them anytime and anywhere. Come on, James, ask the techs to add a download button to the videos so we can enjoy your great tutorials more easily...

Hi, all the videos are on YouTube—they're linked in the first post... alternatively, you can get to the channel here: http://youtube.com/c/AffinityPhotoOfficial/

Just a quick update to make you aware of a new video I've uploaded. It still needs subtitling/localisation before appearing on the Affinity website but you can watch it on YouTube in advance:

Changing DPI

It was created to address some of the confusion around using the Document Resize feature, so hopefully it will clear things up a bit! As usual, the first post has been updated.

Affinity Photo Video Tutorials - Affinity Photo for iPad Tutorials

Looking for a manual/documentation? Check affinity.help for online help!

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more

I'm not quite sure where to put this question, so, since it arose while I was trying to follow the tutorial on isolating layers, I'll post it here.

On my Mac I most often have to option-double click where @James Ritson says to option-click when I use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but the same thing happens when I use only the MacBook Pro's keyboard and trackpad.  In fact, very often I have to double click where a single click should suffice.  I don't notice this behavior in another application.  I'm running AFP 1.7.1.

On 7/8/2019 at 12:35 AM, Wireman said:

@JamesRitson

The tutorial videos are excellent. Really well done.

I have a question about the Inpainting one. You remove the right-hand bird but not the wire it's sitting on, despite some of the wire being covered by the bird.

Is that an effect of the non-destructive layer method, or does inpainting create bits of image that aren't there in the original?

Hi @Wireman, just to quickly answer this: Photo is taking parts of the wire from the left/right of the bird. It will analyse and try and replace the content in the most logical way, which means it will often "complete" lines or similar subjects. It does this with or without the non-destructive approach.

1 hour ago, Richard Liu said:

I'm not quite sure where to put this question, so, since it arose while I was trying to follow the tutorial on isolating layers, I'll post it here.

On my Mac I most often have to option-double click where @James Ritson says to option-click when I use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but the same thing happens when I use only the MacBook Pro's keyboard and trackpad.  In fact, very often I have to double click where a single click should suffice.  I don't notice this behavior in another application.  I'm running AFP 1.7.1.

I'm not on a Mac at the moment so I can't test, but I've never had this experience. I'll have a look when I'm in the office tomorrow. I would have suggested some kind of keyboard setting (perhaps accessibility?) but you say it doesn't happen in other apps, so probably not...

Affinity Photo Video Tutorials - Affinity Photo for iPad Tutorials

Looking for a manual/documentation? Check affinity.help for online help!

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more

Richard...

I had a very similar problem with Isolation Mode, and couldn’t figure it out. However, when I turned off Metal Compute, it went away completely.

hi james

great new videos for 1 7 i appreciate your efforts, i tutor af photo at a senior persons ed centre for past 2 years. what we would like is availability of orininal photos, now i am snipping/jpnt screen, also a  transcription  of narration so the class can work on tutorial features, tips and hints etc having viewed the video.  for 1 6 i had snipped photos for most of the videos and used d straker or cut thru the fog for precis of transcription amended as required. i have numbered the groups in the 1 6 tutorials also the video featured in that group, i then number accordingly the images snipped for that video; makes access in the class more easy like a library. another small request, much as we enjoy your visuality while narrating we would prefer you off photo image at bottom of studio panel. fyi we have 10 in class now, most since june 2 years ago and it appears ours is the only affinity ed centre in nz !!! the only other i know is a camera club; certainly no institutes of photo diplomas etc

keep up the good work, good to see others getting on wagon like affinty revolution, but as a pom i enjoy the english accent

best regards

david helas [djh]