You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Got the same here. Even if i open Color Efex Pro4 from AF there's a Popup means "Updating Fonts".

Program is no longer usable and must be hard closed.

thanks for help

Michael

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-05 um 19.55.32.png

Mac mini M1, macOS 13, Affinity Photo 1.10.6 & Affinity Photo 2.0

5 hours ago, mikerofoto said:

problem solve, kind of stupid but....

when you install the Nik collection, in the install process make sure you set where the plugins are going. duh!

work like a charm. sorry that human mistake.

That confuses me now, how is your plugin installment location related to the common "Updating Fonts" problem?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

28 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

That confuses me now, how is your plugin installment location related to the common "Updating Fonts" problem?

Plugin in AP setting are in my NikbyDxO folderin my application folder, I guess during installation first time I forgot to select install in that folder and ended up with that problem with the lupdating fonts”, I reinstall Nik by DxO but plugin folder with the right one and now it work. You’ll have to ask a programer for more details explanation. My guess is because installing the new version overwrite the old one, and the plugins were installed by default to another folder so it got AP bugged up trying to run the plugins from a wrong folder. 

So you say you use a more actual DxO NIK release on your Mac and don't suffer from the Aph 1.7 Plugin problems others have now reported from. - Interesting, but it maybe due to the fact that the latest DxO versions are probably also build with newer Xcode versions then, since those need/support at least MacOS Sierra and upwards. In contrast here the older Google NIK builds are not that up to date in terms of Xcode generated/code build compatibility.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

• Staff

Hi All, 

This is a known issue unfortunately its in DXO's hands to fix and not ours. You can find out more info here:

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

9 hours ago, v_kyr said:

So you say you use a more actual DxO NIK release on your Mac and don't suffer from the Aph 1.7 Plugin problems others have now reported from. - Interesting, but it maybe due to the fact that the latest DxO versions are probably also build with newer Xcode versions then, since those need/support at least MacOS Sierra and upwards. In contrast here the older Google NIK builds are not that up to date in terms of Xcode generated/code build compatibility.

it work for me, fault was pointing the installation of plugin in the right folder, installing the new Nik update overwrite the old version, installing the "plugins" during the update in the same folder that AP was already linked fixed it.

here's 2 attachment of one image in analog effect and the other in colour effect

* I clicked the icon just to show the version of Nik, if you think the "updating fonts" is hiding behind I can upload another image without the Nik version stamp on it.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 8.22.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 8.23.17 AM.png

3 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi All, 

This is a known issue unfortunately its in DXO's hands to fix and not ours. You can find out more info here:

Thanks

Callum

why is it working fine now then? all I did is during the installation making sure I install the plugin the the same folder that AP was already linked to. see both image I just uploaded, no more uploading fonts screen.

• Staff
9 minutes ago, mikerofoto said:

why is it working fine now then? all I did is during the installation making sure I install the plugin the the same folder that AP was already linked to. see both image I just uploaded, no more uploading fonts screen.

Are you using the Nik collection 2?

22 minutes ago, mikerofoto said:

it work for me, fault was pointing the installation of plugin in the right folder, installing the new Nik update overwrite the old version, installing the "plugins" during the update in the same folder that AP was already linked fixed it.

You are using a much newer (now payable) so more up-to-date version, which is differently compiled/build than the older ones by Google offered version.

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Are you using the Nik collection 2?

yep. Nik by DxO V2

i did reset all AP setting to default and unfortunately it did nothing to fix the updating fonts, which was time consuming to reinstall all brushes, palettes .....

so I decided to reinstall the nik released yesterday and during installation, boom, where to install plugin, click the plus button and go select the same folder you had already setup for AP and it worked, been editing with AP and Nik all morning and no issue with Dfine, Collor efex, sharpener pro output sharpener and silver efex, haven't tried viveza.

• Staff
1 minute ago, mikerofoto said:

yep. Nik by DxO V2

i did reset all AP setting to default and unfortunately it did nothing to fix the updating fonts, which was time consuming to reinstall all brushes, palettes .....

so I decided to reinstall the nik released yesterday and during installation, boom, where to install plugin, click the plus button and go select the same folder you had already setup for AP and it worked, been editing with AP and Nik all morning and no issue with Dfine, Collor efex, sharpener pro output sharpener and silver efex, haven't tried viveza.

The NIK collection v2 works except for HDR it is the original NIK collection that has issues.