You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7 updates (Affinity Store or MAS)

I ran into the same issue.  Apparently I have to go the Apple App Store to update.  Not that it's a big deal but, since we're registered, licensed owners, I would find it much better to be able to circumvent Apple altogether and go right to the source. I'm not THAT big of an Apple fan. ;)

Well time for some forensic analysis then. - If you bought them from the Affinity website you should have some login account there (login/passwd) and with that see and inspect what you have ordered from there. In case of the MAS it's similar, when you open the Mac App Store app it should show you an "open" button for any Affinity app you may have got from there. Also give the MAS some time, it will inform you automatically if there are any updates for software you got from there.

Other than that, maybe you should setup some sort of keepass app where you can list all those things inside, aka software xyz, got from there, URL, account login/pwd, serial nr. ...etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff

@Stephen O'Neill & @SlamDesi

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Neither of your accounts have the software bought direct from Serif, so I expect you used the Mac App Store. Please post back here tomorrow if you cannot find the update in the Mac App Store as expected (predd CMD+R on the Updates page may help)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
2 hours ago, bagmetv said:

So it just opens 1.6.1 version at the moment.

Was it already running, if so that will happen? What does the updates page show?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 hours ago, bagmetv said:

I do see info on Designer 1.7 on App Store (purchased there) with 'Open' button. So it just opens 1.6.1 version at the moment.

Let's wait some time.  

I didn’t see it as update either at first. What should work is to go to the “Purchases” section (I don’t know whether that’s the right term in the English version, my App Store is in German) and there click on the program name that brings you to the specific page for the program. There should be the “update” button. I clicked it and got the spinning loading icon (but without any further progress indication); I then went back to the Updates section of the App Store and there it was with the update button, too, which I could click and it would download the update (and show the progress).

13 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Was it already running, if so that will happen? What does the updates page show?

At that time there was updated info about 1.7 on App Store but opened 1.6.1. 

Anyway apps were updated just this morning so issue is solved now. Many thanks for your time and support!