You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some more pixelation issues...now with shapes

I created this graphic utilizing shapes (mostly ellipses) and the boolean tools (Add, subtract, etc...). I rendered it as a PDF and it is very pixelated. I am lost and don't understand what I am doing wrong. I understand that the Fx will give me pixelation until the PDF export is improved but why just plain shapes. Is it the boolean operations?

I've attached a screenshot, a jpeg, the PDF I exported, and the AD file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

post-377-0-79181900-1431360319_thumb.jpg

post-377-0-12232600-1431360334_thumb.png

Tribal Bat_AD.pdf

Bat Graphic_ChrisP.afdesign

• Staff

Hi ChrisP,

The FX will always be rendered as pixels even after the PDF improvement, but while now most objects are totally rasterised when they have an FX applied - both the object and the effect -, later we should be able to separate the two, rasterising just the FX and leaving the object as vector.

Regarding this graphic, without seeing the original .afdesign it's hard (for me at least) to predict what may be going wrong. Boolean operations are not the reason for object rasterisation. Any chance you can send the file to support@seriflabs.com to be checked (along with a link to this thread)?