You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug with Apple Photo

Hello,

I have just updated to 1.7 from 1.6.7. 

I can click on Edit With Affinity Photo. -> Affinity Photo opens and shows the selected image. -> Do some changes on Affinity -> Click on File-> Save.

And file is not saved. Photos app still shows the unedited version of the photograph. Restart does not help unfortunately. 

Is there a way to downgrade to 1.6.7 back until a bug fix is released?

Thanks,

Ege

Thank you Gabriel,

I bought the software via your website last year. Thank you very much for the information.

Do you have a bug-fix release planned for this issue? I really liked the performance improvements but it is very sad to see that images cannot be saved.

Thank you,

Ege

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi LIANA YOUNG,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We are already aware of this issue. I've bumped our report to bring this issue to developers attention. Meanwhile if you display the photo in Apple Photos, click the Edit button on the top right of the interface, click the Extensions button (its the ellipsis icon) and select Edit in Affinity Photo, your changes will be saved back to Apple Photos.

I have noticed this issue as well.  After removing all the Affinity extensions and then reinstalling them they work - sometimes.  The Affinity Extensions really need a little TLC (tender loving care).

I have also reported other issues with the Affinity Extensions here: