You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows - 1.7.0

Just want to say a big thank you for this update!

I got my AP license just over a month ago and since then I've been using it in tandem with my old copy of CS5, gradually transitioning more and more towards AP, but I would occasionally get hit by unexpected slow-downs that pushed me back into CS5. Since I updated to 1.7 I haven't experienced any of these problems -  it's consistently responsive and just feels more solid throughout. In short, it's now an absolute joy to use, a truly outstanding piece of software in all respects.

Well done to the development team and again, thank you.

Edited by DMayrshire

Windows 8.1.  Upgrading application software can lead to disasters so I first made a copy of the Affinity Photo directory, rebooted my PC, and ran the upgrade from the default download directory.  Perfect.  My keyboard shortcuts have all reverted to their defaults, but no big deal.  Thanks.

• Staff

@Mike.P

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Sorry about the shortcuts, they have gone unless you backed them up. We are testing a fix for this specific issue, and may well roll it out for customers who have not yet updates from 1.6.5 to 1.7.0

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I noticed that the Windows desktop icon for the 1.7 released version is a square where prior versions were a triangle.  I had thought that triangle was for the released version and square for beta.

Is the change to a square icon for the released version deliberate or an oversight?

• Staff
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, Chrisd said:

I am currently running the 1.7.0.333 beta so should I uninstall it and install this official release instead?

Yes, please stop using the beta.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
49 minutes ago, Michael Andreas said:

I noticed that the Windows desktop icon for the 1.7 released version is a square where prior versions were a triangle.  I had thought that triangle was for the released version and square for beta.

Is the change to a square icon for the released version deliberate or an oversight?

It's deliberate

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Affinity Photo 1.7.1 for Windows is now live. This thread is locked

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd