You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for MacOS - 1.7.0

50 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

(By the way, I like them, and here is the official statement & explanation by Serif.)

They took a little getting used to, but here they are!   Looking pretty splendid, in my opinion!   Publisher is pre-ordered, Photo and Designer are each freshly updated  without a hint of a problem to their respective v. 1.7 with all macros, brushes, assets, styles, and palettes right where they belong, and my MAC OS Sierra is off to the races!!  Now all I have to do is wait until June 19 for the Publisher download.   It is a Red Letter Day!! 

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 1.32.46 PM.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

I downloaded the Trial yesterday and it looks good.  However, the print dialog box does not have a feature I require.  I need to manipulate, resize and move objects I am printing.  The feature has been available in Photoshop for quite some time.  I'm currently on CS6.  Will you folks be incorporating that in the future?  

Note - I don't do Social Media - The reason I am asking the question here.

6 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Yes,

For Affinity Store do the following:

1. Go to "\Users\username\Library\Application Support\Affinity Photo Beta\" and copy all the files and folders inside there.
  2. Go to "\Users\username\Library\Application Support\Affinity Photo\" and paste the contents into there overwriting whatever was in there

For Mac App Store do the following:

1. Go to "\Users\username\Library\Application Support\Affinity Photo Beta\" and copy all the files and folders inside there.
  2. Go to "\Users\username\Library\Containers\com.seriflabs.affinityphoto\Library\Application Support\" and paste the contents into there overwriting whatever was in there

When you next run up the application it should have all the same settings your beta had. However please note that if you had already made any changes to 1.7 (or had any content from 1.6) already there these WILL BE LOST! If you wish to keep that then export those out and reimport before doing the steps above.

Instructions here for Designer equivalent

Thank you so much.

I guess if I do your first steps instead of the beta contents but with the 1.6.7 content it will work the same?

Spohr Photography - Capturing the wild side of life...

http://www.spohr-photography.com

3 hours ago, Broicher said:

Wait! The Update from 1.6 to 1.7 was available via the Apple App Store and - I assume this - is free?!?! I bought it yesterday via the Serif page, because I was notified that the update was available. I also purchased the update for Designer. Does that mean I just threw 90€ out of the window or was this legit.

If you have bought the app through the Apple App Store previously, you should get your updates through the App Store as well. The updates are free. If you had an existing app with Serif, ie Affinity Photo and you bought it again, I would suggest to get in contact with Serif to see if you can get a refund or change your license.

Spohr Photography - Capturing the wild side of life...

http://www.spohr-photography.com

Wait! The Update from 1.6 to 1.7 was available via the Apple App Store and - I assume this - is free?!?! I bought it yesterday via the Serif page, because I was notified that the update was available. I also purchased the update for Designer. Does that mean I just threw 90€ out of the window or was this legit.

If you purchased your 1.6 version from the Apple App Store, you will get the update to the 1.7 versions through the Apple App Store update mechanism for free. No fees at all. However, you cannot update your Apple App Store versions through the Serif Store. These are completely different ways of purchasing. So actually, you seemed to have bought a full license of Affinity Photo and Designer in addition to your existing ones. Maybe you could contact the Serif customers department and ask them if they would be so kind to offer you a refund. :)

Free.thumb.png.362f6756b3b80d0b1674820bd0ff77bd.png

• Staff
1 hour ago, Spohr_Photography said:

Thank you so much.

I guess if I do your first steps instead of the beta contents but with the 1.6.7 content it will work the same?

Make a backup of 1.6.7 like this is a good idea before installing 1.7.0, as 1.7.0 has lost settings for some users

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
33 minutes ago, Spohr_Photography said:

get in contact with Serif to see if you can get a refund

Absolutely. Purchases from the Affinity store come with a 14 day money back offer. email AffinityReturns@serif.com

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Is it just me?  I upgraded yesterday to 1.7 and find that certain tasks such as Selection Refinement are taking significantly longer than previously.

Difficult to judge accurately but I'd say three or four times slower.  I run a 2-year old iMac with the latest OS.

• Staff
17 minutes ago, David Cantor said:

Is it just me?  I upgraded yesterday to 1.7 and find that certain tasks such as Selection Refinement are taking significantly longer than previously.

Difficult to judge accurately but I'd say three or four times slower.  I run a 2-year old iMac with the latest OS.

This thread is not the best place to get support. From the first post...

On 6/5/2019 at 3:49 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Please do not post bugs or problems that you find when using this version of the software in this thread, instead make a new thread in the Photo Bugs on MacOS section and questions about usage go in the Desktop Questions forum.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

So happy HEIF is now supported. A ton of features here I'd been hoping for and several I'd not realized I'd wanted but am thrilled to see. 

Are there plans for any tutorials to walk users through some of the new features or more interesting changes such as the reworked HSL palette? It seems considerably more powerful, but also a bit tricky in how to get the most out of it. 

App Store shows only my original pre beta app. Nothing shows in updates and Cmd R does nothing to update 'updates'. I can't use what I have because it won't let me in and I get a message telling me download the new version.

I am not the only one confused that is clear from other posts .......... can someone please hold my hand and take me though this step by step?

Same applies to Designer of course.

• Staff
18 minutes ago, DavidMac said:

can someone please hold my hand and take me though this step by step?

Not in this announcement thread, no sorry. Please make a new thread in the questions forum, saying what program you are using and on what operating system and what you see. Your new thread will be picking up by a member of the Tech Support team.(If I moved your post into its own thread, that unfortunately doesn't make a support ticket at our end. So I appreciate you making a new post yourself)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

With the greatest of respect Patrick there is confusion everywhere. I am not the only one with problems. This thread is full of questions like mine. A thread announcing a new release seems an entirely appropriate place to ask for help downloading it. It's already full of questions about downloading. 

Brushing me off to another forum is to say the least discourteous. I have followed and commented and given input on this beta for months and I have supported Affinity since it's inception. 

Quite frankly I am angered by your lack of assistance .... however, given no alternative, I shall, do what you say ......... but, to be honest and frank, you have left a bad taste.

After so much that has been so good what a terrible shame.

• Staff

@WalkInVerse

If you bought from the Affinity Store then at the bottom of announcement thread for each desktop version there is a link to a store page to download earlier versions, summarized here also

If you bought from the Mac App Store there is no option to use an earlier version. It would be helpful to make a new forum thread to try to resolve your problems, as this announcement thread is not the best way to provide support

Please be advised that any files already resaved in the release build 1.7.0 will be in a modified file format with elements that are not understood by 1.6.5 so they will not load.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

22 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

@WalkInVerse

If you bought from the Affinity Store then at the bottom of announcement thread for each desktop version there is a link to a store page to download earlier versions, summarized here also

If you bought from the Mac App Store there is no option to use an earlier version. It would be helpful to make a new forum thread to try to resolve your problems, as this announcement thread is not the best way to provide support

Please be advised that any files already resaved in the release build 1.7.0 will be in a modified file format with elements that are not understood by 1.6.5 so they will not load.

Thank you so much!

• Staff
1 hour ago, Tom Azzaro said:

Hi Patrick,

what does it means?

Apple provide their own RAW library which has added CR3 support. You can optionally choose to use their library for RAW. In View > Assistant Manager > Develop Assistant you can change which raw engine is used for development from SerifLabs to Core Image.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
1 hour ago, Tom Azzaro said:

Hi Patrick,

what does it means?

Apple provide their own RAW library which has added CR3 support. You can optionally choose to use their library for RAW. In View > Assistant Manager > Develop Assistant you can change which raw engine is used for development from SerifLabs to Core Image.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

2 hours ago, kViro said:

The CMD+R trick in the Mac App Store has yet to offer the 1.7 update for me. I'm still running High Sierra (legacy hardware needs). Does 1.7 require a newer MacOS?

Thanks

No. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.