You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff
11 minutes ago, firechannel said:

Updates do not show  in app store for  Imac or ipad. Tried everything.

In the Updates panel of the Mac App store press CMD+R and see if they appear. Otherwise come back tomorrow as we think Apple roll it out slowly to avoid server issues on an application as big as ours.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I was also expecting a link for the update when I opened the programs.  I use the Windows version of both.  I logged into my account and clicked the 1.7 download links under Downloads and Product Keys section and it worked great for me.  I pre-ordered Publisher and can't wait to try it out!

In your email, after you say "As usual if you already own Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer you can download the updates right now for free", you should have also provided instructions on how to do it.

I bought Photo from the App Store which still says OPEN, not UPDATE. I opened the beta and got the popup about the new version. I installed it and checked the version which is 1.7.0.135 but the badge and menus still say Affinity Photo Beta. Is Photo 1.7 still a beta?

FWIW Designer updated and changed the badge and menus to remove "Beta". The difference is I bought Designer from Serif. I bought Photo from the App Store.

5 minutes ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

With regards to the Beta versions, do you recommend that I delete those Beta apps now ...

If the betas are 1.7 RC2 and thus äquivalent to the now 1.7 released versions it doesn't make much sense IMO to keep unnecessary dublettes.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

49 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I am not sure this is right. You bought the workbook from us on that account long before we started selling the MacOS version from our store in late 2018. I suggest you look in the Mac App Store

Strange.

I'll have to go back in emails and records, but I'd swear on a stack of bibles right now that I ordered from ya'll directly AP.  

That being said, I just checked the app store and it says update available.....

Just curious, with your comment....the OSX version of AP came out first, long before windows version did....right?  Affinity was mac first at least originally to the best of my recollection, but then again...my memory may be fading a bit admittedly.

;)

Thanx,

C

• Staff

@wsteve

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums and thanks for the thanks :) 

@FA327

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)  Thanks for confirming this worked. I think this will help many who come here.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, FA327 said:

While on the Updates page, goto Store menu and Reload Page. Worked for me.

imac app store  finally  worked. Ipad still not showing

update:   ipad updated from the store, not shown on the update  page

Edited by firechannel

For me, the pencil tool is one of the most used tools in illustrator. In 1.6 the pencil tool was weak in Designer. I am flying through the update and am trying to close a shape with one line just by overlapping the first node. I am trying all kind of stuff but so far no luck. Any thoughts?

the sculping option is a welcome update. It is not so advanced as in illustrator but it is a start. I am happy to see this.

With the pencil tool selected..to close the line you can hold down control to switch to node tool and drag the node to close the line...

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Thanks StuartRC. So the workflow is now this:

Create a shape
lift your pen so you stop creating a line
press control and drag the nodes close to get a green line.

It is a way.. i hope they smarten this in the next upgrade to just close a line when they are very close, or give this as an option. Why the need to these extra steps while it is obvious that you want to close the line.

14 hours ago, cayenne said:

Just curious, with your comment....the OSX version of AP came out first, long before windows version did....right?  Affinity was mac first at least originally to the best of my recollection, but then again...my memory may be fading a bit admittedly.

The first thing that was there was Affinity Designer, and is was for Mac only. Windows users had the Plus range (PhotoPlus, PagePlus etc.). If I remember correctly Serif decided to port AD to Windows before AP came out for both platforms right away. It’s all documented here in the forums somewhere but I can’t be bothered to search for it right now.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:27 AM, VIPStephan said:

If I remember correctly Serif decided to port AD to Windows before AP came out for both platforms right away.

Not so! Windows releases of AD and APh both began with version 1.5 (<mod edit> but were launched on Mac OSX as 1.1 and 1.3 respectively. </mod edit>).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...

Well, I've followed all the suggestions made here and can't updated to AP 1.7 from the Apple Store.  I have refreshed, logged out, logged in, updated my card and address (both out of date so thought that might have been the problem) but all I get is No Updates Available.  If I search for Affinity Photo, there is an 'Open' button but that simply opens 1.6.7.

Help!

@Shoogles Make sure the purchase shows up in the Apple ID account purchase history -- https://support.apple.com/en-euro/HT204088#iTunes. If "yes", that tells you there's something at issue with Apple presenting you the update. If "no", that means you purchased it under a different account (the "open" test you mention doesn't actually guarantee that it was purchased from the logged in Apple ID) and you'll need to track down what Apple ID was originally used.

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

22 minutes ago, Shoogles said:

@Brad Brighton  Thanks, Brad.  I've followed your idea and found that I did indeed buy it from Apple.  So I'm stumped.

There are a plethora of suggestions here: https://appletoolbox.com/app-store-not-working-after-macos-mojave-update-here-are-some-tips/ but I cannot recommend any of them from experience. Be cautious when implementing any of these.

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

3 hours ago, Shoogles said:

I don't suppose it's anything to do with my not having upgraded beyond El Capitan?  It shouldn't be as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your efforts. 

10.7 or later according to the App Store compatibility so it must be something with the information your App Store app is looking at for receipts and the like. 

Is it possible that you manually copied this from an older machine or otherwise lost the receipt data for it commonly found at /private/var/db/receipts/ ? 

On 7/24/2019 at 2:41 AM, Brad Brighton said:

10.7 or later according to the App Store compatibility so it must be something with the information your App Store app is looking at for receipts and the like. 

Is it possible that you manually copied this from an older machine or otherwise lost the receipt data for it commonly found at /private/var/db/receipts/ ? 

That shouldn't be an issue because I am still using the same machine (this trusty 2010 iMac is showing no signs of giving up the ghost!)  I don't know what /private/var/db/receipts/ refers to however... is that somewhere I can look at check?

@Shoogles

/private/var/db/receipts/ is a directly that you normally don't need to be poking around in and, in fact, Apple defaults to not showing it to you.

To browse this, open a Finder window, do CMD-SHIFT-G and you should get a "Go to the folder:" sheet. Type/paste that path into the box and click "Go". You should be able to discern from the filenames which one(s) belong to Serif. (I don't have the App Store versions or I'd give you a heads-up on what the name actually is.)

Also, take a look here as it's diving deeper into the guts of the App Store app state, caches, etc.: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/245406/how-to-fix-reset-app-store-app-on-mac-osx-el-capitan