You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 now Available on the Mac App Store

Thanks for this.  Just downloaded...  Everything is much faster now ( on a Mac) 

Just one thing... The first thing I tested was to crop an image and test the "Sticky" settings. but It still defaults to "Unconstrained" every time I use the Crop tool... :(

It doesn't remember my last setting used  "Original ratio"... Was this implemented on the last release...?

Can somebody else test...?

Thanks,

fjv

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

1 hour ago, velarde said:

Thanks for this.  Just downloaded...  Everything is much faster now ( on a Mac) 

Just one thing... The first thing I tested was to crop an image and test the "Sticky" settings. but It still defaults to "Unconstrained" every time I use the Crop tool... :(

It doesn't remember my last setting used  "Original ratio"... Was this implemented on the last release...?

Can somebody else test...?

Thanks,

fjv

I've just tested. No problemo on my side (macOS Mojave). I've selected a value from the gear icon (1920x1080) and cropped. When i open another images and select the crop icon it defaults to 1920x1080.

By the way, this looks like something for another part of the forum (1.7 bugs).

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Thanks for confirming RNKLN , just tested.

It's not a bug.. just how they implemented it....

I see now you have to use the gear icon to specify a "custom" ratio . These are the ones that are remembered.

If I choose from the mode pulldown these are not remembered and reverts to "unconstrained" every single time ( as always) 

Would love to just keep it in "original ratio" once and forget about it forever....  ... o well....  :(

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

My Mac App Store didn't show my apps in the updates, but still showed 1.7 versions on the store. So I just deleted them and am redownloading them and they're the new versions. Strange XD

2 hours ago, coso said:

My Mac App Store didn't show my apps in the updates, but still showed 1.7 versions on the store. So I just deleted them and am redownloading them and they're the new versions. Strange XD

Refresh AppStore / Update page with 'cmd+R' and the available updates will show up immediately.

Edited by endrus

On 6/5/2019 at 7:06 PM, velarde said:

Thanks for confirming RNKLN , just tested.

It's not a bug.. just how they implemented it....

I see now you have to use the gear icon to specify a "custom" ratio . These are the ones that are remembered.

If I choose from the mode pulldown these are not remembered and reverts to "unconstrained" every single time ( as always) 

Would love to just keep it in "original ratio" once and forget about it forever....  ... o well....  :(

If only they could add 'original ratio' as one of the options under the gear icon...

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.