Hi Leigh.

Alas, that did not work either. 

Herewith my directory. I tried it with both folders renamed as with one renamed

rename folder.PNG

Is it possible to send me the latest Setup log file? if this doesn't show anything different, I will contact you directly to see what else we can do to get the app installed.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:32 PM, Callum said:

Hi Leigh,

I can't find  the temporarily setup log file when searching:  %temp%AffinitySetup

17 hours ago, Pieter001 said:

Hi Leigh,

I can't find  the temporarily setup log file when searching:  %temp%AffinitySetup

You can access the setup log files by navigating to %TEMP%\AffinitySetup\ from the Run Dialog. You will want the folder with the latest Created/Modified Date. In this folder you will have two .log files: Setup.log & SetupUI.log. :)

The workaround is simple: When installing the update, choose a new folder like C:\AffinityPhoto\VersionXYZ. Your registration data are not affected; you don't have to buy the program once more. On the next update, choose the same directory which you create now. The reason why Affinity Photo can't update in a "Program Files" folder on SOME computers (one of two in our case) must be a security switch in Windows 10 which I did not find until now. By the way: I have the same problem (and use the same workaround) with DxO Photo Lab, but not with any other software. Werner

Werner, thanks for this suggestion.

Alas, your workaround did not work on my machine. It still reports: "setup failed". 

I have updated windows tot the newest version and had no problems with other software. This is indeed strange behaviour. 

Interesting. There is another thread with the same topic and I just got the message that in this case the workaround worked (as it did in my case). Strange.