You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff
17 hours ago, Pieter001 said:

Hi Leigh,

I can't find  the temporarily setup log file when searching:  %temp%AffinitySetup

You can access the setup log files by navigating to %TEMP%\AffinitySetup\ from the Run Dialog. You will want the folder with the latest Created/Modified Date. In this folder you will have two .log files: Setup.log & SetupUI.log. :)

The workaround is simple: When installing the update, choose a new folder like C:\AffinityPhoto\VersionXYZ. Your registration data are not affected; you don't have to buy the program once more. On the next update, choose the same directory which you create now. The reason why Affinity Photo can't update in a "Program Files" folder on SOME computers (one of two in our case) must be a security switch in Windows 10 which I did not find until now. By the way: I have the same problem (and use the same workaround) with DxO Photo Lab, but not with any other software. Werner

Werner, thanks for this suggestion.

Alas, your workaround did not work on my machine. It still reports: "setup failed". 

I have updated windows tot the newest version and had no problems with other software. This is indeed strange behaviour. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
2 hours ago, Pieter001 said:

Hi Staff.

I am still wondering how to get the program working. Any news on my installation problem?

Hi Pieter, I sent you a PM on 20 Jun. Can you check your messages?

• Staff
5 minutes ago, gizmo2501 said:

Hi all.

Unfortunately, I also have this problem updating to 1.7.1.404.

What is the best way to get the update installed? Creating a new user account? Am I able to delete the user account after?

Please could you provide the setup logs for your installation? You can find out how to get them by following my second post in this thread.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gizmo2501 said:

Hi Callum,

Unfortunately, when trying to run the command, it says image.png.a27d11e3477a70e4de50eb7a6771a191.png

Perhaps you waited too long after the attempted installation, and the Temp files were deleted. If you try running the installer again, can you find that directory immediately afterwards?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1