You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Pieter001,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you call up the run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R and then enter the following %temp%\AffinitySetup into the run box and click ok.  This should open a folder, with some other folders in.  Open the latest folder and there should be 2 log files, Setup.log and SetupUI.log. Please could you attach the two files to this thread?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi Pieter001,

If you haven't already could you please try right clicking the update .EXE file and choose Run As Admin? If you have already tried this please could you try uninstalling the app and reinstalling the latest version.

Thanks

C

• Staff

Hi Pieter001,

Please could you download the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility from the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Could you please follow the wizard through and when it asks you to choose your app from the list select program not listed and enter the below code.

{5D99E005-7C33-4546-9677-BA877E1B00D7}

Once this has finished please try installing the update. I have created a short video showing this process as I know it is confusing please excuse my messy desktop!

Thanks

Callum

• Staff

Hi Pieter001,

That appears to be the version you already have installed, please could you try downloading the new update directly from our website?

• Staff

If possible could you provide a screen recording of you trying the installer clean up utility and then trying to install the app?

• Staff
42 minutes ago, Pieter001 said:

Hi staff,

Any update on this problem?

Sorry we are based in the UK so I have only just gotten back into the office I will reply shortly.

• Staff

Can you running this tool from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed After running this tool try running the update again.

If that doesn't work, can you try installing 1.6.5 again from here to see if that works? https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/windows/photo/1/

• Staff

Can you try running the tool from Microsoft again but this time enter: {7392FB3E-25B1-4337-90F1-8F481E6631A1} and try the update again - this will remove any traces of 1.6.5. If that fails, we had a user who entered {A1BDC1C9-F2B1-40CB-9326-415C56A60B81}, which is related to 1.7, and it allowed them to reinstall 1.7 without any issues.

Let me know how you get on.

• Staff

Thanks for getting back to us. Have you tried simply restarting your machine and trying again? It's worked for some users with the same issue.

If you're confident enough, open Regedit and see if you have any of the below keys - making sure you don't modify/delete anything for now:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{A1BDC1C9-F2B1-40CB-9326-415C56A60B81}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\1102C17ABA0E3E3418D01449E9260218
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\1102C17ABA0E3E3418D01449E9260218
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\1102C17ABA0E3E3418D01449E9260218

• Staff

Thanks for replying. We're sorry it's taking so long to get this sorted :(

If you go to the C:\Program Files\Affinity\ do you have a Photo folder? If you do, can you rename it to Photo.old and try the installer again?