You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where is shortcut modifiers

• Staff

Hi Tsinghuazhu,

Welcome to the forums :)

This just means that desktop shortcuts they required modifiers should now work on iPad with the keyboard connected. You can't edit or add new shortcuts I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff
Just now, wgphoto said:

Does this work with Bluetooth keyboards or just Smart Keyboard?

I haven't got a bluetooth keyboard with me to check but I think it should work. 

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

23 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Tsinghuazhu,

This just means that desktop shortcuts they required modifiers should now work on iPad with the keyboard connected. You can't edit or add new shortcuts I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Thank you  .i thought  i  can  edit them. sad  story  .

21 hours ago, wgphoto said:

Does this work with Bluetooth keyboards or just Smart Keyboard?

it  should  work  with  all  keyboards that  you  can type successfully in ipad  .im  using  a  third  party  Bluetooth keyboard ,very  cheap ,and it works  perfect , responds  to all  available keyboard shortcuts 

OK, I'll have to test mine again because I thought that if you hit the command key, all shortcuts would come up as I've seen somewhere else, but that didn't happen. i thought maybe the shortcuts didn't work with my bluetooth keyboard. Thanks

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

On 6/5/2019 at 10:59 AM, Callum said:

Hi Tsinghuazhu,

Thanks

C

To clarify, does this mean that all of the desktop shortcuts have now been imported to the iPad version ? I took a look at the listed shortcuts list in the app and it seems like it’s pretty similar to what was there before the update. 

Thanks 

I can confirm that the Keyboard Shortcuts feature does in fact work on my iPad Pro 9.7" (iOS 12.3.1) with a Bluetooth keyboard. Of course, I couldn't test all of them, but most of the most common ones that I use — as found in the Help under "Keyboard Shortcuts" — are working. 

Of course, due to the difference in the desktop vs touch interface, not all of the desktop version shortcuts will be found. And perhaps other shortcuts will be added based upon user requests. But it's very functional. The list of keyboard shortcuts is now quite extensive.

Help - Keyboard Shortcuts AP1.7.0.png