Hello, 
Someone knows if the tables in AP will allow applying simple formulas of numerical calculation (something similar to what Excel does or ID through plugins: http://www.dtptools.com/product.asp?id=atid&more=features).

That would be great! 

Thank you

On 6/5/2019 at 11:38 AM, luismgarcia said:

Someone knows if the tables in AP will allow applying simple formulas of numerical calculation

Hello @luismgarcia,

welcome to the forum.

The answer is no. The reason may be simple. APub is a relatively new product, basically released to the public only a couple of weeks ago. It seems it was important to have tables as layout element but to expect to have numerical calculations in this early stage of an application that is mainly aimed at presentation is a little too optimistic. I'm not saying it's wrong to have this eventually. It's just not something that is part of the current feature set.

I suggest to look into ways to import (copy and paste) tabular data into APub and for now do the calculations outside and update if needed (I know this is a poor workaround).

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.424)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.424)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.422)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil