Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Since Publisher Beta is coming to an end is there any NEWS on when they are bringing the new app in Microsoft store. I would really like to order from Microsft Store instead of ordering from their website. I already have the Affinity Photo and Designer from Microsft store. Would like to buy their third app on Microsoft store too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The product is scheduled to become available on June 19, so it presumably won't be available before that date in the Microsoft Store. If I had to guess, it might be a few days later, depending on when Serif is able to submit it to Microsoft, and how long it takes Microsoft to approve it and make it available.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.518 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

The product is scheduled to become available on June 19, so it presumably won't be available before that date in the Microsoft Store. If I had to guess, it might be a few days later, depending on when Serif is able to submit it to Microsoft, and how long it takes Microsoft to approve it and make it available.

I would suspect they will take their sweet time before submitting the app to the Microsoft store. Since they have to give a cut of every sale through Microsoft store I would imagine Serif would want to sell as many copies as they can by themselves before releasing the app to Microsoft store. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, skroychowdhury said:

I would suspect they will take their sweet time before submitting the app to the Microsoft store. Since they have to give a cut of every sale through Microsoft store I would imagine Serif would want to sell as many copies as they can by themselves before releasing the app to Microsoft store. 

What's wrong with that???

A lot of time, effort and expense goes into development.  They deserve the right to market it as they choose.  No need to be sarcastic about it.


RickyO
APh and ADe user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RickyO said:

What's wrong with that???

A lot of time, effort and expense goes into development.  They deserve the right to market it as they choose.  No need to be sarcastic about it.

I agree with Ricy0, I bought all 3 apps from the official affinity website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, skroychowdhury said:

I would suspect they will take their sweet time before submitting the app to the Microsoft store.

Unlikely.  The 1.7 releases of Photo and Designer were on the Mac App store the same day they were on the Serif store.  Based on the release threads here on the forum it appears it was the same for the Microsoft store.  I see no reason for Publisher to be any different.

 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/4-news-and-information/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fde101 said:

I see no reason for Publisher to be any different.

Agreed, there are no plans to make it a different day. There is no need to penalize those who like the Microsoft Store by making them wait for a later launch date. (We take the hit on the income by deciding to use the store in the first place)


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Publisher from Affinity Store work ok with Designer and Photo from Microsoft Store?

I have both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo from Microsoft Store. Can I purchase Publisher from Affinity Store and integrate them or should I wait and purchase from Microsoft Store?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gerard O said:

Will Publisher from Affinity Store work ok with Designer and Photo from Microsoft Store?

Yes it will

2 minutes ago, Gerard O said:

I have both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo from Microsoft Store. Can I purchase Publisher from Affinity Store and integrate them or should I wait and purchase from Microsoft Store?

It is your choice we are trying very hard for this all to be seemless on each OS, no matter where you choose to purchase from which should be your choice.


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.