You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher on Microsoft Store

Since Publisher Beta is coming to an end is there any NEWS on when they are bringing the new app in Microsoft store. I would really like to order from Microsft Store instead of ordering from their website. I already have the Affinity Photo and Designer from Microsft store. Would like to buy their third app on Microsoft store too.

The product is scheduled to become available on June 19, so it presumably won't be available before that date in the Microsoft Store. If I had to guess, it might be a few days later, depending on when Serif is able to submit it to Microsoft, and how long it takes Microsoft to approve it and make it available.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

15 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

The product is scheduled to become available on June 19, so it presumably won't be available before that date in the Microsoft Store. If I had to guess, it might be a few days later, depending on when Serif is able to submit it to Microsoft, and how long it takes Microsoft to approve it and make it available.

I would suspect they will take their sweet time before submitting the app to the Microsoft store. Since they have to give a cut of every sale through Microsoft store I would imagine Serif would want to sell as many copies as they can by themselves before releasing the app to Microsoft store. 

7 hours ago, skroychowdhury said:

I would suspect they will take their sweet time before submitting the app to the Microsoft store. Since they have to give a cut of every sale through Microsoft store I would imagine Serif would want to sell as many copies as they can by themselves before releasing the app to Microsoft store. 

What's wrong with that???

A lot of time, effort and expense goes into development.  They deserve the right to market it as they choose.  No need to be sarcastic about it.

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
(Still stumbling along given too many directions at any given moment)
Windows10 platform

15 minutes ago, RickyO said:

What's wrong with that???

A lot of time, effort and expense goes into development.  They deserve the right to market it as they choose.  No need to be sarcastic about it.

I agree with Ricy0, I bought all 3 apps from the official affinity website.

7 hours ago, skroychowdhury said:

I would suspect they will take their sweet time before submitting the app to the Microsoft store.

Unlikely.  The 1.7 releases of Photo and Designer were on the Mac App store the same day they were on the Serif store.  Based on the release threads here on the forum it appears it was the same for the Microsoft store.  I see no reason for Publisher to be any different.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/4-news-and-information/

• Staff
20 minutes ago, fde101 said:

I see no reason for Publisher to be any different.

Agreed, there are no plans to make it a different day. There is no need to penalize those who like the Microsoft Store by making them wait for a later launch date. (We take the hit on the income by deciding to use the store in the first place)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Will Publisher from Affinity Store work ok with Designer and Photo from Microsoft Store?

I have both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo from Microsoft Store. Can I purchase Publisher from Affinity Store and integrate them or should I wait and purchase from Microsoft Store?

• Staff
1 minute ago, Gerard O said:

Will Publisher from Affinity Store work ok with Designer and Photo from Microsoft Store?

Yes it will

2 minutes ago, Gerard O said:

I have both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo from Microsoft Store. Can I purchase Publisher from Affinity Store and integrate them or should I wait and purchase from Microsoft Store?

It is your choice we are trying very hard for this all to be seemless on each OS, no matter where you choose to purchase from which should be your choice.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon