You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all - I'm new to Designer having used Illustrator for many years. 

I think the bottom-line question I have is:  Can I assign a short-cut key to a Studio?  I've looked through all the options on the short-cut keys and didn't find that option, but maybe its there and I just can't see it?

Here is my problem:  I have a dual monitor setup.  Designer is open on my second monitor, and I've made a second view of my drawing and placed it on my Surface Pro so I can draw directly on the surface pro (close up) and see the overall image on the larger monitor.  I have pulled the color wheel palette down to the Surface Pro in order to have quicker access to the color wheel while drawing.  Each time I select a color and then start drawing, the color wheel palette disappears behind the art board on the surface pro.  The only way to get the color wheel palette back is to reduce the size of the art board and drag the palette back up.  OR short-cut CTRL+SHIFT+H to hide all the studios and then the same thing to call them all back which does put the color wheel palette back on top of my drawing.

I thought perhaps it had something to do with the art board on the surface pro being a "second view"  so I put that art board back on the large monitor and pulled the original art board down to the surface pro.  Same problem. The color wheel palette stays put on the main monitor, but I still have to grab my mouse, select the color, let go of the mouse and then return to draw with my surface pen.

I thought maybe "floating" the color wheel palette would help, but it didn't.  

Any ideas?   Thanks in advance.

You missed a step…

Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Miscellaneous (2nd drop down) > Toggle Colour Panel

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro