Margow

[By Design] Importing brushes doesn't work :(

Hi there !

I found on the forum some free brushes. 

I imported the first one with the drag and drop method and it worked well. But not the other ones. So I tried the "import brushes" menu. But I still have the confirmation window (that the brushes were successfully added), but they don't appear in the category drop-down list :(

Is there any way to add brushes in files directly ? Or check if they were well added may be ? Or simply that I missed something to add them to the list

Version: 1.6.5.135

Thank you for your help !

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, kmargot.

It's important to consider which Affinity application you're using, and what kind of brushes you're trying to import.

Affinity Photo only uses raster-based brushes. It will (due to a bug) let you import vector-based brushes, but you won't find them in the user interface as they're not usable.

Affinity Designer supports both raster- and vector-based brushes, and you can import either kind. However, the vector-based brushes will be visible only in the Draw Persona (for the 1.6.x releases) or the Designer Persona (1.7.x releases), and the raster-brushes will be visible only in the Pixel Persona.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.518 Beta

Hello walt.farell, thank you for your answer !

I use Affinity Designer. Your answer is perfect, I am not yet familiar with these sections (Draw Persona/Pixel Persona) and all of my brushes were imported in Pixel Persona. 

Thank you very much !