You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro Updates for v1.7

smadell

In the past few years, I have posted a number of Macros for anyone who wants them. Some have been more widely downloaded than others. With the release of version 1.7, however, I have found that a number of them are using Adjustment Layers that have been updated by Serif. The macros now contain a step invoking the "legacy" version of the adjustment which , once the macro completes, is then automatically updated to the new version.

So far, so good.

But, version 1.7 puts up a notification stating that the adjustment has been updated, and this notification appears each and every time the macro is invoked. Even though the notification eventually goes away on its own, it's certainly an eyesore if you use the macros more than sporadically.

Bummer.

So, I am attaching updated versions of the macros that have been affected by this change. These include the Infrared Simulation Effect as well as the more-recently posted Saturation Mask macros. They are labelled as "v1.1" macros, since they have been re-coded with the new versions of the adjustments. Additionally, minor changes were made to the Infrared macro such that all the added layers are contained within a Group (which can be easily turned on or off with a single click).

Both of these are attached to this post, and can be downloaded here. They are macro categories and therefore should be imported into the Library panel (not directly into the Macros panel). You can feel free to delete the older versions, although those older macros will still work - they will just give you the "nag screen" each time they are invoked.

For reference, here are links to the original posts for both sets of macros:

Infrared Simulation: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/40759-infrared-simulation/

Saturation Masks: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/76900-saturation-masks-a-simple-method/

Please enjoy the updated macros.

Infrared Simulation v1.1.afmacros

Saturation Masks v1.1.afmacros

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Thanks smadell.  Great stuff.   I like to use saturation/desaturation just like luminosity to create depth in pictures so I have some suggestions: .  On your desaturate macro  after it has run you can use a black brush with high opacity to put saturation back in locally.    The opacity determines how much saturation you put back in locally.  You can also use a grey brush but then you have to know how much saturation you want to put back in in certain places.  You can do the same thing  with the macro I enclosed which is simple. Its adds an HSL layer set to saturation mode then inverts it; you have to set the saturation to the minimum you want then you can paint back the amount of saturation using a white brush with your selected opacity ,   I updated your fix undersaturated macro so that you can increase saturation  selectively by using a white brush with appropriate opacity settings. Its a trivial change to your macro and all it does is invert the top layer since it is in saturation blend model.  You can then use a white brush with appropriate opacity to paint in the opacity where you want.  I have included the macros below Thanks again for your work.

fix oversat w white brsh &opacity.afmacro

FIX undersat w white brush& opacity.afmacro

• 4 months later...

I have created another macro that allows you to check saturation and if oversaturated it allows the user to correct it. 

Check and fix oversaturation with inverted layer

This macro checks the saturation of an image and allows corrections using and HSL layer embedded in the macro.  The macro duplicates the pixel layer and inverts it and sets the blend mode to color.  This allows the luminosity to stay the same but the inverted layer inverts the colors. Then the opacity is set to 50%. Any colors that remain are shown and the saturation of the color indicates the amount of oversaturation that the inverted color pixel layer could not cancel out.  An HSL layer is then inserted between the original pixel layer and the inverted layer.  The user can then adjust the oversaturated color by decreasing the saturation until only gray remains. This action eliminates the oversaturation.  The user then turns the inverted layer off which results in a properly saturated photo.

The macro is below it is a single macro so you have to u[pload from the macro panel not the library panel.

check and correct oversaturation.afmacro

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2019 at 6:25 AM, hanshab said:

The macro is below it is a single macro so you have to u[pload from the macro panel not the library panel.

iPad is unable to do this. 🙁

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/