You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Ruler Has Vanished in new v. 376

Drat. MAC Sierra.   I just opened a recent .afpub document which had text rulers correctly available, and the option is gone with this update.  Even when clicking on VIEW>Show Text Ruler, nothing happens.   The option gets a check mark, but no ruler above the text frame.

I then attempted a New document, and created a text frame.  Clicked inside the frame, no text ruler.   Checked VIEW>Show Text Ruler, check mark is there.  

Unchecking or checking the icon in the Toolbar for Frame Text Ruler does add or remove the check mark in the VIEW menu, but also doesn't add the actual ruler to the text frame. 

Discouraging.  Apparently something got lost in the MAC version?  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

1 hour ago, garrettm30 said:

That's weird. I can see the text frame ruler when I try it in 376 on OS 10.14. Are you sure you are clicked all the way into the frame so that you are editing the text (not just selected the text frame)?

No.   I was doing everything by the book -- been using the Text Ruler option for umpteen past betas.    But what is REALLY WEIRD is that I closed out v. 376, then opened it again just now.   And now the text rulers are just exactly where they are supposed to be.   I guess there is a first time for everything.    I have been working with the Publisher betas since the very first version, back in August 2018.   For the last three builds I have been happily installing them as "replace" rather than "beside" so I couldn't toggle back and forth.

Anyway, it appears that the problem is solved.   Whew!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.