You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Payment Processor In The US Anytime Soon???

Tired of having to make a trip to the bank to sign a paper to make purchases from Serif. Why? They do not allow purchases outside of the U.S. without written permission. They will only allow 24 hours for each permission, so it requires new document each time.

This will be the third trip for Affinity products, never had to do this with your legacy products, even when I purchase PagePlus after I had purchased Affinity Photo.

Hope you can find a way I can make the purchase without having to go sign more papers.

@Smee Again

Can you not use a Credit Card or PayPal?

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

4 minutes ago, Smee Again said:

That IS my credit card. Visa ... but my bank blocks all foreign transactions

In which case, surely this is something you should take up with your bank?  The "problem" is of their making after all, not Serif's.

Are you averse to having a PayPal account?  I'm in the UK and my PayPal account has made the purchasing of items from a variety of countries, including the US, very easy.

Or, perhaps, consider changing to a different bank??  9_9

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

11 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

In which case, surely this is something you should take up with your bank?  The "problem" is of their making after all, not Serif's.

Are you averse to having a PayPal account?  I'm in the UK and my PayPal account has made the purchasing of items from a variety of countries, including the US, very easy.

Or, perhaps, consider changing to a different bank??  9_9

Perhaps they should consider a partnership with their own payment processing company that allows transactions to take place in the U.S.

27 minutes ago, Smee Again said:

Perhaps they should consider a partnership with their own payment processing company that allows transactions to take place in the U.S

I'm not sure who "they" are, presumably Serif?  But "they" do accept CC payments and surely Visa is international in its scope and acceptance of payments from any country to any other country within which it operates.

I honestly don't think there is anything that Serif can, or indeed should, do to help alleviate your situation, sorry.

1 hour ago, emmrecs01 said:

Good suggestion. But for a counterpoint: PayPal refused my pre-order purchase of Affinity Publisher yesterday, so I had to use my credit card (which is not restricted, at my bank).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Good suggestion. But for a counterpoint: PayPal refused my pre-order purchase of Affinity Publisher yesterday, so I had to use my credit card (which is not restricted, at my bank).

Strange.  Paypal didn’t refuse mine. I preordered yesterday and the whole transaction went through in seconds.   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

9 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

PayPal refused my pre-order purchase of Affinity Publisher yesterday, so I had to use my credit card (which is not restricted, at my bank).

@walt.farrell

Was the payment literally "refused" or did you experience what happened to me, the payment appeared to "fail" (the PP screen froze) but a quick log out and log back in showed the payment had gone through?  If it was, for you, a complete "failure", rather than anything similar to my experience, I think you need to ask PayPal some rather direct questions.  

Jeff

3 hours ago, emmrecs01 said:

Was the payment literally "refused"

Yes. I said I wanted to pay by PayPal, the Affinity Store directed me to the PayPal site where after signing in I chose the payment method, and then I was back at the Affinity Store with a notice that PayPal had refused the payment.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Well, took 90 minutes out of my day to spend time signing papers at my bank acknowledging the risks of overseas online purchases ( somehow they believe overseas transactions are more likely than local to be hijacked --- I live in Arkansas U.S. so it could just be their fear of "feriners" . . . you know, people from far away places like Louisiana and Europe, or as they pronounce it: "Urp").