You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saved project crashes Publisher on opening

No idea what this is about, but a project I was working on last night (build 1.7.0 337, I think) kept crashing Publisher when I tried to open it today. Same behavior with the newest build (1.7.0 376).

Had TIFFs embedded; but part way through, may have switched to linked by mistake when importing a file. No problem printing a draft last night; saved a PDF at that time, which turned out to be the only way back into the project for edits today (far from an optimal solution, but workable for this small project — barely).

Love the program, though; have pre-ordered and am very happy with the way things work in Affinity Publisher. I'm an old Aldus Pagemaker person, who switched to InDesign when the Creative Suite was first introduced; but I'm not interested in subscription-based marketing for software.

D2D_assignment.afpub

• Staff

@John Barclay-Morton

Thanks we will look at this tomorrow 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi @John Barclay-Morton,

I'm just using your file now and not getting any crashes in 376, but all the images are linked so if the crashes were due to something with embedding/linked that might be why.

Are you able to attach a version with the images embedded?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Sorry to take so long getting back to you, notification of your reply went into my Spam folder and I just found it.

The issue may have been that I accidentally switched from "Embedded" to "Linked" part way through — I clicked too fast and that registered with me a little too late! So the first few images were embedded, then some were linked instead.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.