You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.376

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8.1 / Win 10  (>=1607)

Hi,

First of all, I (and the team) would like to thank everyone for your fantastic response to the Affinity Publisher pre-order. If you feel that you should have received an offer email and you haven't I suggest you contact affinityorders@serif.com with as much information as possible.

We've released this update mainly to fix the issues reported in Build 371 with the Text Tool and Select All / Copy / Paste etc. We will issue a Release Candidate next week and take things from there. After launch we will start a new Customer Beta for those who wish to have early access to on-going updates and fixes.

---

We are pleased to announce Affinity Publisher build 376 is now available as a manual download from the link above. To be notified when there is a new beta please press follow on this announcement thread

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

Fixes

Menus / Studio
(Win) Fix for Adjustments thumbnails in Layers panel not being updated

Document
Document transparency property now applies correctly to all spreads including masters

Import/ Export
Fix for crashes exporting with missing linked images
Fixed Font Manager locate not working on fonts used by list glyph styles

Tools
Fixes for the Measure Tool and Master Page items

Text
Fix for text selection range issue, Select All / Copy / Paste crashes etc
Fixes for conflict with the Measure Tool / Text Tool when selecting
Fixes for multi-click expanding ranges in text selection
Selecting a Picture Frame now highlights the content resource in Resource Manager

Resources
Fix for missing Resource Manager thumbnails on document open
Fix for incorrect placement in Resource Manager when embedding linked resources

Hyperlinks
(Mac) Add hyperlink button was inappropriately enabled under some circumstances

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 371

• Staff
31 minutes ago, RichardM said:

When are you going to link Designer and Photo?

The Designer and Photo persona buttons will enable in release and customer beta builds, as explained here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

15 minutes ago, WMAX said:

Will the Publisher support the GREP function? Without this feature, the program is not very competitive with Adobe.

GREP/RegEx has been part of the betas for a few releases. It's not likely Serif would do away with it for the release version...

• Staff
6 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Publisher .371 and released versions of Photo & Designer from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 v1903

woops, but I hope you enjoyed the experience

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Tried to export a pdf for print 110 pages,  it worked on and off in the last version, but this version won't complete the export and says error occurred permission denied.  I then tried to export the same doc in pdf/x-1a:2003   same result.  Tried in pdf Flatten and that worked.  I was able to export to pdf Print  in 2 sections.  pages 1-50 and then 51-110 both exported to print.  will combine outside of this program.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Becky S said:

Tried to export a pdf for print 110 pages,  ...…. this program.

From the opening post in this thread

On 6/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, AdamW said:

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum 

Thanks, but this is not the best place to discuss bugs or respond to problems. Please make a new thread and if possible upload the file to dropbox or ask for a link to our dropbox account or file transfer service (https://fx.serif.com for pconnor@serif.com)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I have Photo and Designer, yesterday i buy Publisher, now i have all Affinity software :D .

This last update makes all my Affinity software fly, before i have issues on Win10 PRO but now work much better.

I can wait for a publisher ...

Thanx for your great work :D

• Staff

@Tourmaline, be aware I said customer betas, those released after we launch to preview fixes and more new features. The PUBLIC betas 1.7.0.376 won't ever show those personas, indeed it will stop working.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Setup fail yet again when trying to update

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

On 6/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, Patrick Connor said:

@Tourmaline, be aware I said customer betas, those released after we launch to preview fixes and more new features. The PUBLIC betas 1.7.0.376 won't ever show those personas, indeed it will stop working.

Ok, thanks. I own all 3 so no problem.

Can't wait till 19th...I allready pre-ordered Affinity Publisher...:10_wink:

Installation went smooth, by the way...No problems.

Publisher is an alternative to InDesign but is it for everyone?
Is it possible to connect the Polish dictionary?
How to use grep codes?
Will there be Polish language support?
Without these functions, the program is not attractive for the Polish buyer. :-(

2 hours ago, WMAX said:

Publisher is an alternative to InDesign but is it for everyone?
Is it possible to connect the Polish dictionary?
How to use grep codes?
Will there be Polish language support?
Without these functions, the program is not attractive for the Polish buyer. :-(

You should post this as a question in Discussions and Suggestions for Publisher Beta on Desktop. It really doesn't belong as part of this topic. (Or, perhaps one of the moderators will split it off to that forum for you.)

However, yes, if there is a Hunspell Polish dictionary available you can install it.

There are many websites that will provide education for you on using Regular Expressions. Or you can ask here in the forums for assistance until you learn. (If you can use regular expressions in the application you're currently using, you can use them in Publisher.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1