You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.376

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Mac OS 10.9 or above
Download: No longer available

Hi,

First of all, I (and the team) would like to thank everyone for your fantastic response to the Affinity Publisher pre-order. If you feel that you should have received an offer email and you haven't I suggest you contact affinityorders@serif.com with as much information as possible.

We've released this update mainly to fix the issues reported in Build 371 with the Text Tool and Select All / Copy / Paste etc. We will issue a Release Candidate next week and take things from there. After launch we will start a new Customer Beta for those who wish to have early access to on-going updates and fixes.

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher build 376 is now available as a manual download from the link above. To be notified when there is a new beta please press follow on this announcement thread.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread. 

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

Fixes

Menus / Studio
(Win) Fix for Adjustments thumbnails in Layers panel not being updated

Document
Document transparency property now applies correctly to all spreads including masters

Import/ Export
Fix for crashes exporting with missing linked images
Fixed Font Manager locate not working on fonts used by list glyph styles

Tools
Fixes for the Measure Tool and Master Page items

Text
Fix for text selection range issue, Select All / Copy / Paste crashes etc
Fixes for conflict with the Measure Tool / Text Tool when selecting
Fixes for multi-click expanding ranges in text selection
Selecting a Picture Frame now highlights the content resource in Resource Manager

Resources
Fix for missing Resource Manager thumbnails on document open
Fix for incorrect placement in Resource Manager when embedding linked resources

Hyperlinks
(Mac) Add hyperlink button was inappropriately enabled under some circumstances

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 371

2 hours ago, AdamW said:

First of all, I (and the team) would like to thank everyone for your fantastic response to the Affinity Publisher pre-order.

And I'd like to thank you and the rest of the team for their fantastic skills in making Publisher the great 1.x app it is and will be in the future!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

YES, Thank you and the team SO MUCH for the amazing work on this!! I am so excited for the release, and waffling on whether I want the app store version or a better discount which clearly speaks to the value of your software that both are invaluable regardless of the beta appreciation discount.

Additionally, as a long time self publisher that may not be your typical "Pro User" that is pumping out daily publications I sincerely want to thank you for the work here. The "consumer" desktop pub apps out there are not really viable for much beyond brochures, etc, and my reliance on InDesign was sorely in need of a feasible non subscription replacement. You responded very quickly to early concerns around margins, bleed, etc etc at the beginning of the beta, making Affinity Publisher suitable for my needs quite some time ago...and now it has evolved to be an even bigger powerhouse of functionality over the course of the beta.

The great work you and your team have done is nothing short of amazing. I will be buying this day one on the app store or pre-ordering through the affinity store once I can quit being indecisive. Really looking forward to the launch, as well as the continued future of Publisher in terms of updates and an iPad app!

thank you again!!

-damian

Amazing and thank Affinity, Adam and his team. This has been a much anticipated design platform. Very exciting.

I didn't get the pre-order offer but wrote to the email on this thread. Can't wait to final release but I should mention that even though it is stated that these betas are "not suitable for production use" they are absolutely suitable for production use as they are more stable that the other software I have used by that other software company, and more feature rich. Consider - I can actually design multipage documents graphically, not just use a glorified word processor. 

One thing I am very much looking forward to is those Designer and Photo personas actually working. I really want to use Add, Subtract, Intersect, Xor and Divide functions in Publisher through these personas. This is the one function I wish were working now especially in creating fancy charts in my documents, not in Designer but in Publisher.

Hi guys. Despite all my latest criticism on the suite as a whole, and all the delays in Publisher in particular, your progress on the latter lately is absolutely commendable, and I must say that I am very happy with its current state (cool new splash screen too, by the way), as it does feature some essential features for longer texts, which may come in handy if it's released in time for my next project. The number of “must-have” stuff you managed to finish in time for the GM is, indeed, impressive, and I can only hope you keep up this level of work across the suite.

Now, as for the pre-order pricing and installation when it finally comes out, I have just a practical question: how exactly does the whole payment and download situation work on the Mac? Does our pre-order give us access to some sort of Mac App Store download redeeming code or something? Or are we buying the app directly from you and then have to update it internally like with the betas?

15 minutes ago, JGD said:

Now, as for the pre-order pricing and installation when it finally comes out, I have just a practical question: how exactly does the whole payment and download situation work on the Mac? Does our pre-order give us access to some sort of Mac App Store download redeeming code or something? Or are we buying the app directly from you and then have to update it internally like with the betas?

A related Question: if the download is from your own store, will it work seamlessly with the version of Designer and Photo which I got from the app store?

20 minutes ago, JGD said:

Or are we buying the app directly from you and then have to update it internally like with the betas?

It's exactly like that. There are two options for Mac and Windows Users:

• Official OS Store
  • Affinity Store

The 30% discount applies for the Affinity Store. Initially, the Mac App Store was the only place to get it for macOS, but now they added the Affinity Store Option.

For the Official OS Store for Windows and macOS, the discount will be 20%, I believe.

Best regards!

To be honest about it, I probably won't ever create any projects that really require Publisher to complete, but the discount offer was too good to pass up! It also is my first application purchase from the Affinity Store, so I will finally be able to see how the update process works firsthand.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

19 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Wow, Personas actually work today with the release 1.7 versions of Photo and Designer installed (and this is with the previous Publisher beta even).

I can't get the extra personas in Publisher to work on Mac with Publisher 376 and the latest 1.7 versions of the other apps. It still says it will be available at a later time.

What do they do?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
58 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

What do they do?

spoil marketing's surprise :(

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I would have thought those older betas would have expired by now.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I will try to not spoil it even more. WOW. How can you guys do that? It seems like magic (still wondering if some things wouldn't complicate/conflict with others but...). For those who have bought Publisher but don't have Designer and Photo you should take the 20% discount that is available now because you won't regret. I think you should have call it Powerhouse instead of Publisher :D . @Patrick Connor you can delete this post if you want :)

On 6/4/2019 at 9:28 AM, AdrianB said:

Pre-order was a no-brainer! Thanks for great software with affordable prices. 

Too bad I somehow clicked on the Windows version when I thought I was on the Mac version page and now going through the myopic process of cancelling and reordering.