Sign in to follow this  
dkistner1111

AD 1.2: Cannot change Doc Settings to RGB or Print to Press Quality

Hi. I've been setting up a master template in Affinity Designer 1.2 and want to change the Document Settings so they'll always be what I want when I start a new job. I attach a screen shot of the window in question. I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3.

(1) If I try to change Print/A4 to Print (Press Quality)/Custom at the top, it won't hold after I save it. It always reverts back to Print/A4.

(2) If I try to change CMYK to RGB/8, Affinity Designer stops responding and the rainbow wheel just spins and spins and spins. If I Force Quit and restart, then reopen the template, I've still got CMYK in the Document Settings.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

post-2886-0-86887400-1431289939_thumb.png

Tried 1.2 and the Beta version. Same thing happening there as well. Should be a way to save the Preset, but can't find that option either. Must be on the Roadmap though.

2009: 27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.3 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9.5.1, 10.5 and 2015 / Pinegrow Web Designer / Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo / Acorn

I hope so. If I go into Export, I can export slices with what I want, but if I export the whole document to a PDF I need it to be set up correctly in the Document Settings. There does not seem to be a way to control the way the PDF exports.