You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,
I've been studying the best way to export to Adobe Illustrator since many of my clients request the final file as .AI, and of course I prefer to work using Affinity designer, but I'm having some problems with PDF export getting many annoying rasterized shapes and images, for now I see that SVG (export for Web) is the best option for while, but still have some small bugs opening in another vector software, in this case, I notice that if you export svg and try to edit its contents:

• Transparency Tool with Gradient Tool / Gradient Tool - fill mode Ellipse
    If you apply these both tools in a path/shape, the SVG create many "groups" of layer and raster with clip, that is not very optimized
  • Strokes with rounded corner become with points (no bezier path)
  • Some case of using Layer fx or a complex vector object the layer become raster (image with clipping)
  • Opening the same SVG exported on Affinity, the bug is the same

Well for while the bugs seem more about optimization for SVG files, as I need to export to Adobe Illustrator in order to deliver the files to my clients, it is possible in somehow future to have an option to export as AI, would be perfect and less overwhelming while working with both software, I really wish the best of luck for the Serif to be bigger than Adobe is now. anyway, thanks once again.

Jhonatan

bug-svg-Many-layers-raster.PNG

compound-path-svg.PNG

svg-opened on affinity.PNG

Learn more: 🔴Youtube: Vectorize with Jhon
Follow me:      📷 Instagram     |    :227_bird: Twitter   |  📘  Facebook
Free Affinity Assets: https://gumroad.com/jhonsilva

• Staff

Hi @Jhonatan S Silva,

Welcome to the forums. 

We are aware of these aspects and they have already been logged with our developers for improvement. . AI is "locked" and we can only read these types of files if they have an embedded PDF. Otherwise, we cannot read them. Therefore, exporting an AI file is currently impossible. 

Thanks,

Gabe.