You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear A-Team,

I am using Publisher already since the 1st beta. I even switched now to using it to create my business and training presentations. It gives me way more flexibility and professional tools than PowerPoint or Keynote. Of course ;-)

Here my question now: Do you see any possibility to create a "Presentation mode" type of feature? Currently, I have to either create a PDF from the slides, but the preview application is limited when using it as a presentation tool. Or, I have to generate pictures from every page and put it on empty slides in PowerPoint. Both solutions are not great.

So it would be "just" a feature which allows me to flip through the slides back and forth without all the studios, tools, menues and other application elements.

Thank your very much,

Stefan Fillibeck

PS: APub is really a great application. You all did a fantastic job here! Looking forward to the 19th. Pre-Ordered already ;-)

Stefan, as your stated requirements seem to be “a feature which allows me to flip through the slides back and forth “, you can export to PDF and use a PDF reader application to do that.
Acrobat Reader DC (it's free on both Windows and Mac) has a Full Screen view – no menus or dialogs, etc. – and you can page back and forth using the cursor keys or the mouse wheel (a WiFi mouse lets you use it away from the computer as a ‘flipper’). Make the page the size of your screen and it should look fine.

You can activate Preview mode with View > Preview Mode

Then hide the toolbar and studios with the Tab key

You can then use the shortcut keys CTRL+PageDn & CTRL+PageUp to flip through the pages (slides)

(Or change them to just PageDn & PageUp for one-handed opertion)

I think that's about as near to a presentation mode you can get in Publisher at the moment

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 year later...

I would also second this feature. This is a commonly used feature in our discussions and presenting WIP concepts while making live changes.

Although exporting it to pdf works, it is time consuming process and in case of discussing concepts and details - we cannot make changes. It would be best if we could have a full screen presentation mode (check illustrator) where only one slide/page can be viewed in detail, and can be escape to enter the edit mode.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...