You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient tool -- one last tweak

The gradient tool has gradually been improving. Thanks, folks! One last tweak suggested.

Currently:

• Select gradient tool on left. Draw gradient. Default is white to grey. Ends up with grey node larger than white node as it has the focus. Just fine.
  • Now want to change the grey colour, so select colour patch on context toolbar at top. I arrive at the Gradient tab.
  • However, the left-hand white node is selected in the Gradient dialogue. So to edit the grey node, I have to re-select the right node. If this is not noticed, confusion results.
  • If, however, I select the Colour tab, I can change the grey directly.

Whether you go to the Gradient or Colour tab first is really a matter of policy. I'd be happy with either (though prefer Colour as it saves a little time and thinking).

What really needs to be changed is that the node selected in the Gradient tab when you arrive there should be the same as the selected node in the drawn gradient.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

• Staff

I think I agree with you here. For some reason, I thought we were not going to select any of the nodes by default when we changed back to the old behaviour. Let me see what I can find out! 

Obviously it also depends on if you drag left to right or right to left. If you drag right to left, the gradient pop-down displays the gradient flow on the opposite side but the nodes appear how you would want them.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.