You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(RC2) The exported image appears jagged

Note: When I load the file into Designer 367 (RC2) I see your second image – with the white ‘outline’ (my first attached image) – and not your first image. Exporting to a PNG gives me the same image with the ‘outline’, see my second attached image. However, if I export to a PDF – either “For Print” or “For Export” - the ‘outline’ is no longer there on the exported PDF (see also my attached PDF). I realise this isn’t a solution but it might help someone come to one.

in-designer.png

bug.png

bug.pdf

If the option "Use Precise Clipping" is on in Edit > Preferences > Performance you will see the jaggedness in AD

"Use Precise Clipping" is (apparently) always used when exporting, so having it switched off can give a false preview of what you get when you export to certain formats.

In this respect leaving it permanently switched on is the better setting, as long as your PC can handle the extra resources (CPU?) needed for this option

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

If the problem is to do with Precise Clipping, why does the problem go away when the HSL adjustment is switched off while Precise Clipping is still on?
I’m not saying that the problem isn’t to do with Precise Clipping, I’m just curious as to why it only seems to show under certain circumstances.

Precise clipping is not the problem that just deals with what you see on your screen

If the HSL adjustment is causing the problem you don't see it if precise clipping is off, you'll only see it when it is on.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

If I’ve understood this correctly, the original problem can be re-worded as: “Why does an HSL adjustment applied to a layer cause a white ‘outline’ to be seen on-screen around the shape in that layer when Precise Clipping is selected in the Preferences?” Have I got this right?

12 minutes ago, GarryP said:

If I’ve understood this correctly, the original problem can be re-worded as: “Why does an HSL adjustment applied to a layer cause a white ‘outline’ to be seen on-screen around the shape in that layer when Precise Clipping is selected in the Preferences?” Have I got this right?

You're right. It is true that the problem is caused by the HSL adjustment layer. 

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Good enough, but bear in mind other adjustments do the same thing so it's not isolated just to an HSL adjustment

Absolutely, but, in this case, the HSL adjustment is the only adjustment being used so it’s the only adjustment that could be mentioned in the question. To put it another way, simply asking “Why does an adjustment [etc. etc.]” – without specifying which adjustment – doesn’t give as much information to anyone reading the question. Anyway, MEB’s passed it on to the developers so it will be interesting to find out what’s what.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.