You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

color management and color separations preview ?

• 7 months later...
On 6/4/2019 at 7:27 AM, PimentPub said:

It lacks the color management and color separations preview ... essential elements to make the impression!

Exactly! I especially miss the ability of what in InDesign is called "Separations Preview" where you can check the individual separations of your document before exporting a PDF and you can also check on the ink coverage of individual objects (and even let the program indicate all areas in the layout were ink coverage is above a certain value that you can set individually beforehand).

This is so useful in professional prepress work that I DEARLY miss this feature in Affinity Publisher. PLEASE add something like this in a (near) future update!

Edited by Lorox
typo

18 hours ago, thierry savoie said:

if you have affinity photo, you can preview individual separation in persona photo with the channel studio and try different profil, but you don't have ink coverage...

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that... Actually, however, checking ink coverage is quite important for me as many online printers do not want more than overall 300% coverage and I feel much more comfortable when sending out print PDFs  if I know beforehand that there won't be trouble in that regard.

Say what you want about Adobe InDesign but they've got some features just right there and I hope Publisher will learn from some of those in future updates.

All things considered I tend to feel that PDF export from Publisher leaves something to be desired yet as I usually get several error messages when flightchecking a Publisher generated PDF for print in Acrobat Pro. According to some prepress forums I visited I also might not be the only one (which might indicate that it's not just me doing something wrong when exporting those PDFs).

4 hours ago, Lorox said:

Actually, however, checking ink coverage is quite important for me as many online printers do not want more than overall 300% coverage and I feel much more comfortable when sending out print PDFs  if I know beforehand that there won't be trouble in that regard.

That sounds like the kind of thing that could be added as a preflight option to the new Preflight studio.