You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

be able to move text downward from the top of the paragraph, selecting the first line

I made two illustration to explain what I would like to be able to do.

Maybe there is another way to to it, but I didn't find it out.

Thanks !

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mac Mini 2018/iPad Pro 12.9/Wacom Intuos Pro M

macOS Catalina 10.15.4  + Affinity Designer 1.8.3 / Affinity Photo 1.8.3/ Affinity Publisher 1.8.3

iOS 13.4.1 + Affinity Designer 1.8.3 / Affinity Photo 1.8.3

Is your text all one paragraph, or is each line a separate paragraph? 

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

18 hours ago, Miquel said:

Maybe there is another way to to it, but I didn't find it out.

Sadly this is not going to work in the retail version, you can download the Beta or wait a couple or three weeks and get the free update to 1.7.0

What I would use is a Paragraph Style and set the space before to be on Always or Only at Column Top. This feature "Use space before:" is missing from the current version 1.6.x but the new version 1.7.x is due as I said in a couple or three weeks.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 hours ago, John Rostron said:

Is your text all one paragraph, or is each line a separate paragraph? 

John

All one paragraph. I’m designing a phone APP where a long text is divided by chapters and I need to repeat that operation many times

macOS Catalina 10.15.4  + Affinity Designer 1.8.3 / Affinity Photo 1.8.3/ Affinity Publisher 1.8.3

5 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Sadly this is not going to work in the retail version, you can download the Beta or wait a couple or three weeks and get the free update to 1.7.0

What I would use is a Paragraph Style and set the space before to be on Always or Only at Column Top. This feature "Use space before:" is missing from the current version 1.6.x but the new version 1.7.x is due as I said in a couple or three weeks.

I think I will wait for the new version while I work on other aspects of my project.  I will also try the second option that you recommend.  More than a punctual solution to a problem, it is about finding the most comfortable and fastest way to do it, when it is a mechanical operation that you have to repeat constantly.  Thank you very much in any way

As a workaround just reposition the text box or nest another one on top with a height adjustment according to that red line placement. On export those text rects aren't visable anyway.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

good trick as a workaround. More than moving the paragraph, place another paragraph or better even a rectangle on the paragraph, thanks v_kyr

Great Affinity ! ,problem solved in the new update 1.7.0 

Thanks everybody !

Captura de pantalla 2019-06-06 a las 12.21.29.png