You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reporting Localisation Issues in Windows Publisher Beta #384 (#376 #371)

German .384

Xor sounds weird. Should be "Überlappung ausschließen" or "Überlappung entfernen". Same for English, other languages not checked.

xor.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

@Joachim_L Xor (the mathematical function name for "Exclusive OR" ) is the name for this in all languages now.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

8 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@Joachim_L Xor (the mathematical function name for "Exclusive OR" ) is the name for this in all languages now.

Exclusive OR sounds not appealing or self-explanatory in my ears. But I can live with that. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 5/30/2019 at 6:02 PM, Patrick Connor said:

The help file is still out for translation (sorry) but this thread can be used to report anything you see in the software.

As the help files are now close to completion I start to add some more findings to the german version.

I'll start with a lame one:

"Die wichtigsten Features > Designhilfen > Fantastischer Zoombereich". Instead of 'fantastic' it would perhaps be better to name the range in actual numbers like '1% to 1000%' to make it a little more technical precise. 'Fantastic' sounds a little 'trumpish'.

Same topic:

"Die wichtigsten Features > Designhilfen > Konfigurationsoptionen für die Magnetische Ausrichtung". Better: 'magnetische Ausrichtung'.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

"Personas > Info: Personas". The first highlighted box (pencil icon) is not translated:

'The Designer Persona and Photo Persona come directly from Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, respectively. As such you need to have one or both apps purchased and installed to take advantage of that Persona. The options are unavailable otherwise.'

Further down the page:
'Find out more in the AffinityLink to Designer Persona topic.' ist not translated.

Further down the page:
'Find out more in the AffinityLink to Photo Persona topic.' ist not translated.

Further down the page:
'SIEHE AUCH:
AffinityLink to Designer Persona    <<  'to' is not translated
AffinityLink to Photo Persona'    <<  'to' is not translated

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

"Personas > Designer Persona" and "Personas > Photo Persona". Both lack the complete translation to german.

"SIEHE AUCH:" Links below the same as in my post above.

d.

"Erste Schritte > Erstellen neuer Dokumente > Für Seitenränder":

'Left, Right, Top, Bottom—Sets the printer margins, showing as non-printable blue lines. The Left and Right margins are named Inner and Outer, respectively, for facing page spreads. Um die Einstellungen Ihres Standarddruckers zu verwenden, aktivieren Sie die Option Ränder aus Drucker übernehmen.'

The red text is not translated.

d.

"Erste Schritte > Öffnen von Dokumenten": last highlighted info box is only partially translated.

'On opening, a file's colour space is preserved by default, but you can convert it to the default working colour space via Edit>Preferences (Colour option) using the Convert opened files option. Das aktuelle Farbprofil des Dokuments wird links oben in Ihrem Arbeitsbereich angezeigt.'

d.

"Erste Schritte > Einrichten von Dokumenten und Layoutseiten > Für Anschnittbereiche": 

'Left, Top, Right, Bottom— For professional printing, bleed extends the printable area beyond the page edge to allow artwork to be trimmed. Bei Layouts mit gegenüberliegenden Seiten werden der linke und rechte Anschnitt als Innen und Außen bezeichnet.'

The red text is not translated.

d.

"Erste Schritte > Importieren von Dokumenten": last highlighted info box is not translated.

'Adobe PDF files can be easily placed via File>Place. When placing multi-page PDFs, you can choose which page you wish to view.'

d.

"Erste Schritte > Speichern": The first paragraph has an english leftover:

'Wenn Sie Ihr Dokument speichern, bleiben alle Projektinformationen erhalten, sodass Sie das Dokument jederzeit auch später noch bearbeiten können. The publication is saved as a single file with the extension .afpub.'

d

"Erste Schritte > Ändern der Zoomstufe": there are some Mac keyboard shortcuts but the Windows modifier keys are missing:

mac-shortcut-in-help.thumb.png.85cbf1d69683f9e3266034eb0ef46953.png

Further down it seems the Mac keyboard modifier keys are missing:

win-shortcut-in-help.thumb.png.d6fdc1b6c82bf996dd82ee33bfa80b5b.png

Whew, that was only three out of 21 sections in the help file. I'll call it a day for now.
Cheers,
d.

In the Spanish version, there is a line left untranslated in Preferences > General. This would be an option:

Documents open in a new floating window > Abrir documentos en ventana flotante

Captura2.PNG

Edited by Llyud

All languages?

E.g. "Auswahl beim Ziehen ausblenden" (German) or "Hide Selection While Dragging" (English) is the wrong popup description in my opinion. When this feature is activated and I drag a box, not the selection = the box is hidden, but the handles / outline of it.

------

On 6/12/2019 at 6:59 PM, dominik said:

"Erste Schritte > Ändern der Zoomstufe": there are some Mac keyboard shortcuts but the Windows modifier keys are missing:

mac-shortcut-in-help.thumb.png.85cbf1d69683f9e3266034eb0ef46953.png

Well, while the missing parts are translated now some things hasn't change in 1.7.1 :(

publishershortcuts.png.36ec6d45a5897a4afb24d8ce974e41cd.png

Ther are still the Mac modifier keys, the inconsistent syntax (Strg+ 2, Strg +3 etc, but Strg0, Strg1), Missing space characters (Strg+ vs. Strg +) and the broken keyboard shortcuts (Strg + > and Strg + < etc)

• 1 month later...

(Shouldn't this thread be pined? It would help people post in there instead of creating new threads)

French errors:

Épaisseur de police: Graisse
(no need for "de police")

Largeur de police: Chasse
(no need for "de police")

2019-08-04_095940v2.png.997fe7773db873c11eb0198db4001992.png

Remplissage du texte: Couleur de texte
(unless at some point we can add textures or patterns, but for now it's only colours)

Tons clairs (???? light tones!): Couleur de fond (or) Surlignage

2019-08-04_092051v2.png.f159102f33df89925682231607b42141.png

Typographic vocabulary is very specific and precise, it would be simpler to stick to QXP or ID translations to avoid errors.

Another main error is the automatic use/replacement of straight quotes and apostrophes by single chevrons:

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.