You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers struggling

AD 1.7.0.12 is struggling with layers panel. Layers are slow in showing/hiding and they can't be renamed. After double-clicking the layer name changes to edit mode but cancel the editation immediately and automatically. I can't insert custom name.

Affinity Suite 2.3.1 | iMac 5K (2017) 24GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.9

2 hours ago, retrograde said:

Maybe try updating AD to 1.7.0.14

With 1.7.0.14 the same behaviour. Even completely other layer are showed/hiden than sellected/ticked.

I have found the problem. Something like layer has been parented to one of my text frames. Looks like anchored object? (see the attachment) I can't find any reference for such a symbol in AD manual. After deleting it everything works well.

Screenshot-1.png

I try to play with it a bit, and anchoring itself works great, I haven't known about such a feature in AD. The problem causes just pasting an empty layer into the text: create empty layer, copy it, insert the cursor into the text and paste the empty layer inside. Even if I create layer with some object and copy it, than paste it into the text to anchor them, everything works good. The problem is indeed just anchoring the empty layer.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.