You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image-heavy document crashes

Hi there,

I'm getting a crash every time I try to open a picture-heavy document (embedded photos) that I originally created in December 2018. Is it possible the crashes are due to beta incompatibilities? Or memory? It's not terribly important as from the start I took the precaution of exporting every single AP doc as a PDF just in case and was able to remake the book, but the knowing would be a good thing.

Mac Mini 2.6, 8Gb RAM (2014), latest AP beta.

• Staff

A complex image heavy document will require quite a bit of memory to run well (this is something being worked on), but I wouldn't expect a crash from this directly on open.

If you haven't worked on it in so long I also recently had another user with a file that was from an old beta and had a bug "saved" in it, as things have changed a fair bit since December!

If you want to upload your document here I can take a look for you

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for the reply. I got round that problem as I remade the pages in sections (as seperate documents) from the PDFs. The original is a coffee-table style book featuring some of my crappier photographs which I'm too embarrassed to upload.

That aside, something similar is happening to a dummy magazine I've been working on. It was fine until the last APub update, now it's crashing when I cut or copy text. Sometimes it also happens when I cut or change images. I'll upload that one if you like!

Also right-click (or option-click, or whatever you want to call it on my Wacom pen) stopped working until I closed the doc and reopened it though to be fair, the Mac Mini has been a little sluggish today when using Photo too. So I suppose something could be duff up my end.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.