You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher pre-order is OK for mac users?

Hello beautifull people,

I want to pre-order Publisher but in the email is not specified if there is a new way to obtain your software. In the past Designer and Photo are aveileble only on the App store, this pre-order is it right for the mac people? Have you a new personal shop?

cheers
Paolo

7 hours ago, psaldari said:

Hello beautifull people,

I want to pre-order Publisher but in the email is not specified if there is a new way to obtain your software. In the past Designer and Photo are aveileble only on the App store, this pre-order is it right for the mac people? Have you a new personal shop?

cheers
Paolo

Absolutely it is for MACS.    If you respond to the email, you will be able to preorder directly from the Affinity store, and will receive confirmation of the software order including a lovely surprise.    Affinity will then send you an email reminding you on June 19 — the release date — to download your new Publisher software plus the surprise gift.  I would gladly have paid the full price, but was pleasantly surprised by the 30% discount for beta testers, plus the surprise gift.    

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

When placing a preorder with Chrome and trying to print/save PDF I get a big text over the receipt: 

We no longer support Internet Explorer. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience. Find out more.

Great. There has not been Explorer for mac for 13 years.

Hi! I'm definitely about to buy Publisher as I have beta already just curious if it will come to Mac App Store with the same discount and gift or is this special offer in serif store only?

Thanks a lot.

I'm so happy with affinity!

3 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm definitely about to buy Publisher as I have beta already just curious if it will come to Mac App Store with the same discount and gift or is this special offer in serif store only?

That amount of discount (30%) is only for beta testers and only via Serif's Affinity Store, from what we've been told. But we (users) expect that there will be a 20% discount for everyone via the Mac and Windows Stores as a launch discount for a short period of time.

Good question about the gift. Only Serif can comment on that, but my guess is that it's the same: only via the Affinity Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for your reaction @walt.farrell

This is amazing even with 20% off and also for full price compared to many other subscription-model tools!

Plus I really enjoy the look of publisher (gui, site, etc.) - so slick and sexy, and so fast with all contemporary features. 

• Staff
On 6/7/2019 at 3:17 PM, walt.farrell said:

curious if it will come to Mac App Store with the same discount and gift

yes All released versions will be sold at the same price and include the same free gifts

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

yes All released versions will be sold at the same price and include the same free gifts

I think the OP was asking about Publisher, and the beta tester discount and gift.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
Just now, walt.farrell said:

I think the OP was asking about Publisher, and the beta tester discount and gift.

Thanks. Then the answer is the opposite of what I said. The 30% discount is (a) serif store only and (b) beta testers only and (c) pre-launch only.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

22 hours ago, Nero said:

Thanks for your reaction @walt.farrell

This is amazing even with 20% off and also for full price compared to many other subscription-model tools!

Plus I really enjoy the look of publisher (gui, site, etc.) - so slick and sexy, and so fast with all contemporary features. 

Just tagged your comment to catch you, in case you missed Patrick Connor's note above.  I pre-ordered through the Serif Affinity store, and am all set for the download on June 19!!   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9